Super Metroid / Metroid Prime Remix

Meteo Xavier

Even if Larry is ok with it, I am not. I will not be known as a remixer who gets "butthurt" or "blow shit out of proportion" every time he comes up short with a track. I am not a baby and I will not be portrayed as one in this ironically young stage of my artistic entity. All it takes is one little thing like this to reflect poorly on me and corrupt my standing with the judges and build another awful reputation I don't have time or tools to fix. I'd much rather be portrayed as an obsessive perfectionist than another damn HoboKa any day of the week.

By removing your track link and doing all this needless dramarama, you're doing exactly what you claim you don't want to do, i.e. being butthurt and blowing shit out of proportion. Also, please do not invoke "All it takes is one little thing like this to reflect poorly on me and corrupt my standing with the judges". That's just you encountering the unknown and filling in the blanks with negative expectations.

We do not care about your history when we vote. We don't care. :lol: We've voted on subs by people with confidence issues, we've voted on subs by people who've bashed the site and the staff, we've voted on subs by professional musicians, all with no problem making a fair call based on the music in front of us, not the person. If and when you resubmit this piece, I'm not gonna go "Well, this is normally a NO, but he was butthurt, so I pity him! YES (borderline)!" We're just listening to video game ReMixes and offering some criticism and advice on the Interweb, so let's have some perspective, please.

I don't recall you wasting your energy on overthinking things when it came to resubmitting your Valkyrie Profile debut mix. AFAIK, the resub showed up in the inbox, you made some nice improvements, and it passed without a big deal. Stop making your head hurt by overhyping things and go make music. :-P

Relax and have fun.