Heroes of Newerth

Capa Langley

It's crap like this that makes me glad I'm not playing regularly with you guys. Taking things too seriously leads to fatigue leads to anger and a lack of desire to play any longer.

I quit playing dota cause of in-game blame game shit. I had to ask myself whether playing dota was more important than retaining a good friendship, which of course wasn't the case. Since switching over to The Shizz I've enjoyed the game a million times over, even in losses. I guess that's because of camaraderie though.

If you want to be super serious about everything, especially in a non-scrim, non-league game, let everyone know that ahead of time. Then if things don't go your way, you know to look over the game and take from it what you can to improve and better compete the next time. If you want to be super serious when people just want to relax and play some co-op video games (albeit ones that require a bit of concentration and active thinking & hand/eye coordination) then you're in the wrong place.

Take it how you want it, but from what I've seen it's the people who left the OCR clan are the ones who act competitively. As for Tensei, you've raged at Leonidus the same way these guys are raging towards you. Don't be a complete dick about it. Either way, everyone needs to stop with the finger pointing.

Take it how you want it, but from what I've seen it's the people who left the OCR clan are the ones who act competitively. As for Tensei, you've raged at Leonidus the same way these guys are raging towards you. Don't be a complete dick about it. Either way, everyone needs to stop with the finger pointing.

I raged at Leonidus for completely different reasons, mostly because he started insulting me out of nowhere.

Match ID: 22619778 (legion teamchat starting around 00:37:00, and actually the thing that pisses me off most is that he questions my ability to formulate sentences in English because I type "pyro def bot" instead of "Dear Pyromancer, would you be so kind as to possibly help us defend our tower from the enemy team by use of a homecoming stone?", so please don't act like the TheShizz clan is so much better than OCR because as you can see it has it's fair share of retards.)

Defiler getting fed is probably what cost us the game, but guess what? I wasn't even in the same lane. I would've been soloing mid (even suggested it at the start), but apparently Plague Rider would be just fine, despite him getting harassed out of the lane 3 minutes in, going marchers first, and asking "algun español?" at the start. Defiler getting freefarm and full rune control is by no stretch of the imagination my fault this game.

Also note that there were rarely situations where I was taking up ALL the farm, I simply maximized my farming by TPing to pushed towers and I never saw others do the same, especially swiftblade apparently preferring to run into their woods to fail a gank and then dying. Again, not my fault, I think it was mostly Bardic's inexperience with playing carries (not getting enough survivability etc.)

Novelty build or not, carrying with demented shaman is perfectly viable at our level of play, just like 'pushing lineups' are, especially when I announce to do so right from the start. Note that I didn't ever actually get ganked because I always backed off in time when people went missing, because I don't rely on wards or anything when I play pubs by myself either.

The time I complained about the "no MIA" call was when ACCURSED died, not me, because I had backed off in time. You can't rely on every pub to have their sound on, and it's generally just more obvious to type out misscalls than trying to decipher someone's mumbling.

And finally, where does this idea come from that it's me and me alone that cost us the game by getting puzzlebox? Let's count, we had 4 'support' heroes, and NONE of them were building astrolabe or sheepstick as far as I could tell, though Plague Rider and Accursed are WAY better astrolabe carriers than Dsham. Puzzlebox provides utility in the form of a haste-aura, faster pushing/counterpushing and truesight for counterwarding. If it were such a gimmicky item, surely it wouldn't have gotten nerfed the last two patches? Not to mention that top players like [WHP]chu` will get it every time on a variety of heroes, INCLUDING demented shaman.

NDA mean anything to you? ;)

Nah, I'm sure it's alright. I've had quite a few test client games already and all three heroes that today's patch will focus on (Chronos, Zephyr, Electrician) have had some very good tweaks, making each one of them a lot more useful.

wouldn't have posted it if it hadn't already been "leaked" xP

edit: I've always been getting enhanced marchers/phaseboots on elec, but i've heard plated greaves are the boots of choice for him. What say you?

I was also considering sac heart instead of going for HotBL like I usually do...

(disclaimer: I don't play at your skill level at all xD)

I'm seeing a weird juxtaposition in your argument of "It's not my responsibility" and "you can't rely on pubs." When I play support I always try to take up the slack, even if it's someone else's job. Those runes ain't gonna ward themselves.

He does that all the time, just ignore it. No matter how much you'll argue, it's always him being right and the others being wrong.

And most of the OCR clan regulars are the ok people to play with if you wanna have fun. The others who wanted real competition left a while ago.

He does that all the time, just ignore it. No matter how much you'll argue, it's always him being right and the others being wrong.

And most of the OCR clan regulars are the ok people to play with if you wanna have fun. The others who wanted real competition left a while ago.

How about you direct your bullshit directly at me rather than passively-aggressively referring to me in third person. If you'd actually bother to read my arguments rather than just making ad-hominems like that you might actually learn something.

I believe Ghost Marchers are still crap on like 90% of the heroes and especially a hero like elec will benefit from the additional EHP from Plated Greaves. And yes, Sac Stone is pretty much core on him, though Frostfield plate is probably a better first 'big' item.

I didn't play support.

No, of course Demented Shaman isn't support. Obviously it was all our fault that we lost, you didn't do anything wrong.

Regarding playing "seriously", there's nothing wrong with playing to win. Being competitive is nothing more than doing just that. Games are fun. As a rule of thumb, they're more fun when you win and less fun when you lose. I shouldn't have to defend playing to win because that's how the game is designed. Some people confuse being serious and/or competitive with being a dick, and I like to think that I'm not. I don't ragequit, I don't do anything to spite my team, I don't insult or belittle my team, and I admit when I make mistakes.

I have many times before, and it seems referring you to the 3rd person works better. And your angry arguments are actually pretty poor in constructive information compared to your or anyone's "normal" discussion posts.

You're too hot-blooded, you seriously need to calm down. It's only the internet.

No, of course Demented Shaman isn't support. Obviously it was all our fault that we lost, you didn't do anything wrong.

Regarding playing "seriously", there's nothing wrong with playing to win. Being competitive is nothing more than doing just that. Games are fun. As a rule of thumb, they're more fun when you win and less fun when you lose. I shouldn't have to defend playing to win because that's how the game is designed.

I never said Demented Shaman ISN'T support. I said I didn't play him as such that game. And you tried to shove all the blame for our loss on me, so it's only natural that I defend myself and point out that both you and bardic played like shit as well, compared to which my 'novelty' item build was of little influence on the outcome of the match. If you're saying you shouldn't have to defend playing to win, then I shouldn't have to defend playing to win my way. And obviously I was playing to win.

I have many times before, and it seems referring you to the 3rd person works better. And your angry arguments are actually pretty poor in constructive information compared to your or anyone's "normal" discussion posts.

You're too hot-blooded, you seriously need to calm down. It's only the internet.

Yes, I have gotten verbally abused and insulted ingame over the last few days by several people I play/used to play with regularly, with no provocation (not to my knowledge, anyway) from my side whatsoever. That obviously means I am taking this game too seriously and not calm and all that.

If you had bothered to check the replays I posted you would have noticed I am not the one doing the raging, or taking the game too seriously, but no, you'd rather spout your misinformed opinions and accuse me of completely unrelated matters.

If you don't feel like reading up on everything that's happened, please don't even get involved. Or if you'd be so inclined, please point out which of my arguments in this thread concerning that match are 'poor in constructive information' in light of the replays.

Take it how you want it, but from what I've seen it's the people who left the OCR clan are the ones who act competitively.

I hope you're not referring to the people who left for TheShizz clan. While, yes, we do enjoy winning games, I have a number of people here on OCR who can testify that whenever we play and this shit happens, I'm always the guy standing up and trying to play referee, telling people to stop raging, throwing blame, and having shitty attitudes - trying to remind people that it's about fun. In fact, there are some people in OCR that I won't name who don't want to play with me because I'm calling people out for this stuff. I've said a million times that I'd rather play with people like Luke that aren't as good (no offense) but have great attitudes rather than other people who have crappy attitudes, despite being great players.

And these are all things that I share in common with my fellow Shizz clanmates - the whole reason we left to reform The Shizz clan.

Well, I've been playing like crazy most the day. Awesome, awesome game, but the community from what I've seen so far blows large, herpes-infested donkey cock.

I've played nothing but non-ranked games with titles like "noobs only, low psr" etc. and I've encountered more people who bitch about the tiniest little mistakes and rage quit the moment someone does something they think isn't the single greatest thing they could have possibly done in a given situation than there are atoms in the universe.

Well, I've been playing like crazy most the day. Awesome, awesome game, but the community from what I've seen so far blows large, herpes-infested donkey cock.

I've played nothing but non-ranked games with titles like "noobs only, low psr" etc. and I've encountered more people who bitch about the tiniest little mistakes and rage quit the moment someone does something they think isn't the single greatest thing they could have possibly done in a given situation than there are atoms in the universe.

Welcome to competitive gaming. In most cases, the games with "noobs only" are often just slack of game setting or a lure to get their PSR and KDR up. Easy way to win is to go against a bunch of new players.

Alas, we do host ourselves some fun nonsensical games. Join us sometimes!

Not all Dazzles go support...I've actually seen a wicked carry Dazzle in competitive play in DotA...of course, shallow graves is different in HoN so DS is less effective, but still a good hero. Dazzle can farm well with his heal, has a slow/stun, and a huge armor buff/debuff ult. Why can't he carry?

I've played HoN for about a month and half now and while its virtually the same as DotA, I very much dislike some of the hero choices with the way they combined heroes (Scout is a mix of Gondar, PA, and Sniper ult, Arachna mix of Viper/Drow). With the combined heroes being so imba midgame AND lategame they are getting picked every single game so I am playing against the same heroes all the time. The consolidation method was a nice concept, but it just makes me feel like im playing a lesser version of DotA because 30 heroes are missing. Give me back my Dark Seer and Techies.

Also the pathing is TERRIBLE. This is something they seriously need to improve upon for me to take HoN seriously. I guess we were spoiled with great pathing from Wc3 all these years, but seriously, I've died to pathing issues so much that it makes me want to quit playing. PLEASE fix the pathing issues.

The S2 Heroes are/were different from typical DotA heroes due to their tendency to dominate or at least be useful throughout all phases of the game (mainly thinking of the carries here).

Apart from that, many S2 hero skills just seem to do so much compared to traditional DotA ports. Maliken has a blink/AoE magic attack/slow, Deadwood has a physical nuke/ministun/slow/STR debuff, as well as a +60 damage steroid that doubles as a ranged ministun/slow, TDL has a pseudoblink/Physical AoE nuke/ASPD steroid, and (New)Zephyr has an AoE Stun/Nuke/Physical push.

While I personally have no problems with most of the S2 heroes, it does seem to me that what I listed might be annoying for people making the transition from DotA.