Heroes of Newerth

Capa Langley

Why is he a semi-carry? He has no steroid skills and bad AGI gain. Also, why is he a disabler? His silence is no better than Blood Hunter's silence. The spell itself is more powerful overall but AFAIK he has only a single disable on a long cooldown, far worse than BH's disabling capability.

Probably for the same reason that Wretched Hag is a semi-carry: if a hero has the means to speed up farming to the point where they're able to outcarry other heroes by outfarming them and getting high-tier items relatively early, they'll be able to carry purely with those items.

That said, not that I've ever played him, but I think his ult would give him some anti-carry capability as well, since he's able to prevent enemy carries from activating key items like Shrunken Head and Symbol of Rage for a good amount of time (14 seconds will usually be almost the entire duration of a teambattle).

As an old Dota player, I can say...

Fuck Doom.

Yeah pretty much.

He is a disabler in the sense that in every teamfight (or small skirmish) one person will be useless and most likely die. His ult is just that good. Early game he is a monster for players who are well versed in using Lv. Death. His farming is top notch because of his abilities, attack animation, and damage output. His ult is superior to Blood Hunters because it cannot be removed and even if they stand still they are going to die. Also condensing multiple abilities into a single ability (as you've seen many times from HoN) is significantly more powerful by default. And silencing someone doesn't give them a huge damage boost like it does with BH. Also no item use is brutal for the survivability and damage output of some heroes. Against a Blood Hunter you can attempt to stand and fight. Against Doom you die. That isn't to say he's amazing. I mean he doesn't see much competitive play at all because of his lack of AoE and range. Granted things may have changed since I haven't watched competitive DotA in a year or so.

Tensei is correct about my comment about his semi-carry nature. A semi-carry possesses either abilities that make them situationaly superior (ex: Valk arrow) or abilities that accelerate farm to insane levels (ex: Any cheap AoE spell coupled with respectable stat growth and a solid attack animation which covers Valk, Hag, Torturer). Granted you need a balance. A hero like Alchemist from DotA has extreme farming ability but no abilities to take advantage of situations. He can't be a semi-carry unless that person farms harder than probably I have ever farmed in a single game. Even then their team would be fighting a global 4v5 while he bulks up. He bulks up fast and like I said anything short of a 3v1 he stands a strong chance of winning every time. Think of it like Succubus except he's still nuking and attacking you or another person while you're stuck twiddling your thumbs.

Also I might be putting up some videos for you guys to watch. I'm starting to take more note of amazing things I do. Every once in a while I'll roar after an awesome teamfight or situation where I really made zero mistakes and totally keyed in. (Yeah it's lame but hey that's the kind of gamer I am.) I've been wanting to make a reel for some time.

Edit: Also carry/semi-carry is NOT dependent on AGI growth. Kunkka from DotA is a semi-carry. He's a strength hero with some kickass spells. While agility heroes are definitely the main candidates for the carry/semi-carry role the amount DPS does not determine whether they can carry or not.

The seven minions appear as teenage girls in servants uniforms

More like The Golden Weeaboo. :<

Ridiculous JAPAN theme aside, I don't entirely get how the 2nd skill works in terms of active/toggle logistics. Can you only toggle it while the lance is in flight, Maliken style? Or any time during cooldown? Or does it use the E button in place of the passive?

More like The Golden Weeaboo. :<

Ridiculous JAPAN theme aside, I don't entirely get how the 2nd skill works in terms of active/toggle logistics. Can you only toggle it while the lance is in flight, Maliken style? Or any time during cooldown? Or does it use the E button in place of the passive?

It uses the E button as a toggle for the melee/range switch, while the W button would be for the active part of the skill.

And HoN has a distinct lack of JAPAN, I figured it was time to change that. :<

oh look some hero is alone in woods lets gank her

*ult*

OMFG DEATH MEIDOS

also what Zero said. change her name to Golden Mistress or something like that.

she also looks to be horribly, imbalancedly weak against aoe heroes like pyro/behemoth, as her ult is immediately canceled out by pretty much any level 3 aoe at any point in the game and actively stacks the odds against her at points.

Then again, maybe HoN could use some overtly specialized heroes like this, as she is DEFINITELY a carry-killer

Doom is so fun to play. They need to port him into HoN.

Doom is a great hero early, mid, and late. Most Dooms are able to farm refresher/ult stick and be able to completly shut down two heroes in team battles. Once you are doomed you can't do anything really than head back to base, unless you are a agi hero in which case it was silly that Doom doomed you.

LvL Death is great early game. Usually can kill lvl 4/5 heroes in 2 shots, because the 450 nuke is really powerful.

Doom is also a carry because Scorched Earth greatly increases your damage, speed, and combined with eating you will get a lot of gold in the early/mid game. Some Dooms get battlefury because the are able to farm it so fast, although I prefer ult stick right away becuase you can kill pretty much any hero around lvl 11.

There's also Legionnaire.

The reason I don't really care for a Centaur port is that there's already enough blink+disable heroes in the current metagame (i.e. Heroes that promote turtling). I'd rather see some more gankers with a focus on singletarget skills ported than another hero to throw into the big AoE rapefest that makes up the current meta.

Never mind that Centaur's role and skills almost completely overlap with Pestilence and Legionnaire, except that Pestilence has some good scaling and supportive DPS to go with it.