Need help with a sound

There is this brassy offbeat noise (for example 0:02-0:03 or 0:08-0:09)

and i would really like to use it in my new song, but i need some help on how to create it. I've tried to distore some synths (sytrus, oddity, Ni-Pro), but it sounds way too unclean.

Is there any way to recreate this noise?

Distortion won't really do it, you're gonna have to find a sound that sounds close.

Sounds like an FM (frequency modulation) synth, dunno what synths you've got that use FM. I could probably make something similar in Logic's EFM1, but that wouldn't really do you much good.

Of course, once you have the basic sound, you can tweak it a bit. Could be a tremolo on the volume, not sure if it's so or just the other sounds that make it seem that way to me.

Maybe I'm listening to something else, but it sounds like samples are just being repeated in rapid succession using an arpeggiator, delay, or manual sequencing. Just pick a synth or a sample with a short attack (for example, one of those sounds like a cow bell to me) then use your piano roll to sequence about 6 notes of them at 64th or 128th beats apart.

See if you can get a 5-10ms delay on it, it should add a metallic sound, getting you closer.

Also sounds to me like what you're thinking of as "unclean" is just something that doesn't have enough high frequencies. Dunno what filter settings you have on the synth or if you have any EQs cutting highs, but you should get a "cleaner" sound by just not cutting away the highs.

The note itself plays a big role here too, an octave up or down can change the sound a lot too.

Hope this helps.