ORC 123: The fruit of the loop

Doulifée

Looking forward to your source next month! It will be awesome I'm sure...

Great, no pressure then ¬¬

I generally use Anvil Studio for all things midi, but it's quite a pain to use. I suppose I could try and figure out how to make midi with FL studio, or I could just use another easier program. Any suggestions? (Oh yeah, and what date do I have to send it in by? Better yet, where do I send it? Even better yet, why the hell don't I just get this info from the competition homepage? Who knows...)

*Edit* Ah, the answer to the latter seems to be because the information is rather vague on the homepage. So do I just PM the midi to Doulife when It's done or something?

Sorry for being a complete 'noob' xD (for some reason I hate that word)

Nah, no pressure at all!

Just write a normal song in FL, replace all the instruments with "MIDI out" and then select the instrument you want in the plug-in pop-up menu thing; that's how I do it. Yeah, PM Doulife- soonish- before next month preferably.

Don't worry! And I prefer "newb" for this circumstance. N00b is more an insult than anything.

Great, sounds easy. I'll just brush the many gnawed chicken legs off my piano and start from there (Chicken legs and piano - the source of many a creative tune xD)

And thanks for the tip, Protodome, this would've taken me ages in Anvil studio.

By the way, if I take too long, or pass whatever the definition of "Soon-ish" is, feel free to PM me or find some metaphorical (Or even literal if you wish) way of slapping me in the face, just to wake me up. I'm sure I'll be fine, but you never know.

Oh, and by "Before next month" You mean like in a day? it's next month in 2 days isn't it? >.< Gah, the pressure!

Christ, really? Well, I'm gonna have to speed up then. (Unless of course you were joking, but I take it you weren't?)

By the way, Protodome, (I suppose I could easilly just find some kinda tutorial on this, but there's no harm in asking, right?) How exactly do I get drums when using midi out in FL?

Yup, completly english :-D Not sure if I should be too happy about that any more though, I hear our country isn't doing too well xD

Great, all seems to be working perfectly now. It's annoying having to convert all the channels back to midi-outs every time I want to test it, but it's still much more bearable then Anvil studio.

I also knew that the drum channel is 10, but for some reason it just seemed too simple to just set the channel to 10, so I never thought to try it.

Thanks for the help, I think I might be actually able to meet the looming deadline now =) Just don't go expecting a masterpiece or anything, it's sounding horribly mediocre at the moment ¬¬