An Interview with Tim Haywood! Get your questions in!

SabakuNoKasai

Alright! Im not sure if anyone read my other topic but if you did you'd know what this is concerning, so for those of you who didn't allow me to explain.

Tim Haywood is a video games music composer who worked on titles such as Shadowman, Shadowman 2econd Coming and also Shellshock 2: Blood Trails. He also worked on the Jackie Chan TV series.

Well recently, he announced that he would be re-recording the Shadowman soundtrack, bringing it up to date and also re-imagining the songs if you will as a way of working his way back into producing dark ambient type music.

So I asked him if he would answer some questions about his musical influences, his experiences in games design companies and also about music he composed for Shadowman. He agreed to answer some questions and he'd add some more of his own if he felt generous so post a question and if its a good one, I will ask him on your behalf and post the topic in a weeks time. =D

Accepted Questions:

How did Tim get into music and how did he end up landing video game composing jobs?
What are your influences and who do you consider to be your musical influences?

These questions have been taken from popular interviews.

What was the most difficult thing to learn?
What was your first official video game soundtrack?
Were you happy with it at the time? Now?
What was the first week on the job like?
How did you become a video game music composer?

Was it more by chance, or was it something you knew you wanted and had to fight for?
Was there a specific inspiration that lead you towards the profession?
What was the first video game you remember playing?
Did you have any formal musical training or education prior to becoming a video game music composer?
What do you think of what OverClockedRemix does and what is your standing on the concept of "remixing" video game music like they do?

• 2 weeks later...