Meetup in Raleigh, NC Oct 17th-18th (bring blankets/sleeping bags)

Geoffrey Taucer

Dangit, I'll be spending 17th-18th for Bands of America... blargh. Well, do whatever is most convenient for ya... maybe I'll be able to make a different meetup or something.

Come to MAGfest! If you're in the area, I'll give you a ride.

Luke: I work until 2:30-ish on saturday, so the meetup will have to start after that.

Okay, working til 2:30ish...that compliments the drive-time from MD perfectly, I hope. It means we don't have to get up obscenely early and if we hit traffic it wont be much of an issue. This is awesome: Two weekends in a row for me to hang out with different sets of OCR people! ROCKING!

So yes, there will be a carpool heading to Taucers from the MD/DC area. I know Harmony is pretty sure he'll go as long as he's free, and since we'll be bringing food and some instrument-stuff there should be a reasonable amount of room in the car. So I can probably first 1-2 more people from the area interested in going. Comp for gas is appreciated, and if I ask you to drive my car out of personal exhaustion, promise not to crash it.

iPhone GPS says about 6 hours drive from where I live. I'd be willing to pick people up if it's on the way down (I'm not going North of Baltimore to pick people up, that's a bit of a waste, you'd do better just coming to my place and leaving your car here). We'll probably hit the road for real around 9:30 Saturday morning, and if we get there early by some divine act we'll just jam in the parking lot. :nicework: Probably leaving Taucer's by noon at the latest the next day, as I'm sure we'll all be exhausted and want to get some sleep in before work on Monday.

I will be bringing the following entertainmentnessthingys:

PS2 casemod with a bunch of games (yes, including the NiGHTS re-release so I can make Taucer and Luke play it).

DS

PSP

my laptop

Hohner acoustic guitar full body

tambourine, finger cymbals, egg shakers

harmonicas

probably some episodes of MST3k

I call spooning with Taucer!!!!

We'll probably hit the road for real around 9:30 Saturday morning, and if we get there early by some divine act we'll just jam in the parking lot.

If it looks like you're gonna get in early, call me, and I'll give you directions to the gym. You won't be able to do much other than just hang out and watch, but it's air-conditioned, has wi-fi, and you may get a chance to see some floor routines to OCR tracks.

Count me in! 'less of course I'm scheduled to work...which I should know shortly.

I have nothing to offer entertainment-wise...except my laptop which has SNES and NES emulators on it - Bionic Commando: Rearmed - Cave Story - Portal - Half-Life 2 - and TF2 which I've never played, but bought in the Orange Box bundle. Oh yes, and Cave Story which I've just recently downloaded.

That and I can read jokes.

Alright, so there's a pretty good chance I'll be attending this. However, it's only fair to say, that my Brother and his wife are expecting Twins anytime next month, so if they happen to pop out right before the meetup, we might have to miss out on the house party. Hopefully all the timing will be good for everyone, though. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

I have GCN controllers, can't find Melee but I really want to play it. I would LOVE to bring a girl, not sure if I can. I'll see about it, in all honesty.

So far, if I get my Financial Aid, I'd LOOOVE to come! Edit: yeah, go on, laugh, but there are no jobs in MI just like there are no girls on the internet.

Harmony: we need to start planning our trip!
Yeah, for sure. My bro is being wishy-washy about being able to come so I may have an additional spot for the road trip. Hit me up on Facebook and we can get the details down.
However, it's only fair to say, that my Brother and his wife are expecting Twins anytime next month
Bring the twins if they pop out early. I'll give them the egg shakers during the jam sessions!

Alright, so I am definitely coming to this. Taucer, you only live one minute from me (I live at Sumter Square Apartments), so that sort of obligates me. My roommate would probably like to come as well, if too many people aren't already coming. I might just bring a pizza or something if that's cool, rather than cooking. I might be able to get a friend to come as well who is a pretty good bassist, I just don't want to bring too many people.

I'll be there, or I'll be square. Is it alright if I bring a friend? I can't really cook, but I'm awesome at buying beer/alcohol - should I bring some?

I'm looking forward to meeting some other OCRers :D

Awesome!

Sure, you can bring some alcohol. I don't expect this to be a massive drunkfest or anything, but you can certainly bring some. And yes, you may also bring a friend.

Alright, so I am definitely coming to this. Taucer, you only live one minute from me (I live at Sumter Square Apartments), so that sort of obligates me. My roommate would probably like to come as well, if too many people aren't already coming. I might just bring a pizza or something if that's cool, rather than cooking. I might be able to get a friend to come as well who is a pretty good bassist, I just don't want to bring too many people.

Haha, seriously? I had no idea you were in the area. Any chance people could crash at your place if there's not enough room in mine? It sounds like more people will be comming than I initially expected.

I am seriously considering going. I have Melee, four controllers (you guys bring some in case something goes wrong, which I doubt) and perhaps some more GCN games. I shall bring food too, not exactly sure what to bring. Whatever comes to mind. My only issue is finding out the best way to travel from Kalamazoo, MI to Raleigh, NC. Airplane I guess, better check the costs.

I am seriously considering going. I have Melee, four controllers (you guys bring some in case something goes wrong, which I doubt) and perhaps soem more GCN games. I shall bring food too, not exactly sure what to bring. Whatever comes to mind. My only issue is finding out the best way to travel from Kalamazoo, MI to Raleigh, NC. Airplane I guess, better check the costs.

If you are comming by plane, you are officially hardcore.

...but if your budget allows you to fly in for either this or MAGfest, skip this and come to MAG. Otherwise, get the hell over here.

so - i'm def in for this - i'll bring my bass - but could someone hook me up with an amp? and i'll bring food and drink (:D) - just give me an idea whatcha want

i'm excited to see you guys

jimmy you wanna ride up together?

sounds like a good idea, but I think Amanda'll probably go, so we'll have to take my car.

So is the food thing like, bring your own food, or more of a potluck-type thing? If it's the latter, should we start a list so we don't end up with like 11 cakes and a bunch of beer? :)

*shrug* bring whatever you feel like bringing. Seeing as how this meetup is going to consist of a bunch of twenty-something year old guys, I suspect that whatever food shows up will get eaten. And if we need more, we can always order pizza. And if we have leftover beer, I guess I shall reluctantly make the sacrifice of keeping whatever is leftover for consumption at a later date.

I'll see if I can make a list of attendees and add it to the first post