The Apple "Mighty Mouse"

Gario not trying to stomp on your boner err anything...

Mac's are alright, but their flair for 'innovation' isn't really helping them, atm. Seriously - no one was thinking of
when reading this thread?

The Wheel?!? You can still type.... but it just takes a lot longer... and with that cricket battery you got what, 20min's before it expires. Probably couldn't even finish two sentences of your message like that. It just seems silly... like trying to mix without speakers.

Gario not trying to stomp on your boner err anything...

The Wheel?!? You can still type.... but it just takes a lot longer... and with that cricket battery you got what, 20min's before it expires. Probably couldn't even finish two sentences of your message like that. It just seems silly... like trying to mix without speakers.

LOL. the Onion strikes again :)

I love it when people think the Onion is real. Especially when it's a company... and they quote it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_onion#The_Onion_taken_seriously

Interestingly enough, I showed the onion report to two people at school today that I have a friendly ongoing Mac-vs-PC thing with, and they both thought it was real :) So Riggs you're not alone.

In defense of everyone who thought that was real, if you're not familiar with the onion (my two friends weren't) then the MacBook Wheel report is one of the more difficult jokes to catch imo. The reporters don't curse or make incredibly wrong or ridiculous claims, and if you don't read the ticker at the bottom, everything sounds like it could be legit.

But that's a problem! Even people who own and support Apple actually believe that the company would try to sell them an obviously impractical piece of hardware in the name of innovation. And successful or not, that's how you know that the company is too focused on design/innovation, as has been said.

I don't know why you guys hate the keyboard so much. I think it's great because the keys aren't heavy. They travel enough to make you feel like you're pressing something but they're not heavy enough to make your hands tired. The keys don't "get caught" on the downstroke (something that occurs with keyboards as they age if they're not like IBM Model Ms) and the keys are spaced well, too.

I can type maybe 10% faster on the new Apple keyboard than I can on most "traditional" keyboards. My hands also don't get as tired, either.

The mouse isn't very good though, I always get a wired one with a new computer (since you can't opt to not get it) since it's okay as a backup mouse. The mouse ball is really, really awesome. I like it. But, I can't stand how the entire top clicks for BOTH sides.

• 1 month later...