We need some Starcraft remixes!

duskvstweak

I have a few questions.

1.Where are all the Starcraft remixes? The game has an amazing soundtrack and nobody has done anything for it.

2.Why are there only two Celes/Opera remixes for Final Fantasy VI? Why hasn't anybody tried doing a vocal remix of this song? Articles and reviews are always saying that this is one of the greatest musical moments in gaming, and we have only two songs?

3. Am I the only who feels like game/song diversity has gotten smaller? I don't know how many Chrono Trigger tracks I can listen to.

I have a few questions.

1.Where are all the Starcraft remixes? The game has an amazing soundtrack and nobody has done anything for it.

2.Why are there only two Celes/Opera remixes for Final Fantasy VI? Why hasn't anybody tried doing a vocal remix of this song? Articles and reviews are always saying that this is one of the greatest musical moments in gaming, and we have only two songs?

3. Am I the only who feels like game/song diversity has gotten smaller? I don't know how many Chrono Trigger tracks I can listen to.

remixes are generally built around the melody of a track by altering the instrumentation and creating new sounds around it. starcraft doesn't exactly have much in the way of memorable melodies. i still remember the music after playing it for so many hours way back when, but i remember the feel and not the melodic content. of course, there's also the fact that most of the people into starcraft's music are busy playing starcraft and not working on remixes of starcraft's themes.

i'd love to see some articles. from a classical musician's perspective, i really wasn't that into the aria. it's kind of boring...even more so than most arias are. if those people are like OMG 16-BIT BLISS and that's why they liked it...well, whatever floats your boat. i wasn't into ff6 that much myself compared to other games in the series. besides, if you don't like the glut of well-known games with excellent and memorable soundtracks appearing in the credits of ocr, why are you asking for a version of celes's aria?

yes, you're the only one who thinks that there's not enough variety. on the planet. that's why there's a project for little-known songs from games going on right now, and why the last ten posted remixes include lost odyssey, reset generation, and pilotwings. no one likes games that don't start with "chrono" or end with a number.

also, if you actually listen to the recent mixes of ff6, chrono trigger, and ff7 (to name a few 'over-remixed' albums on this site) and think that they're bad or under par or something, make some of your own. start a new trend.

Goddamn it, Luke, stop making me look at your sig D:

Anyway, while Starcraft remixes would be nice, I do kind of prefer the tracks as-is. The Terran themes are, at least to my way of thinking, the easiest to do things to, with Zerg offering the best chances of taking them in a different direction and Protoss themes are simply too atmospheric and it's not really a question of can you so much as should you.

That's the real driving force behind most of the remixes on the site as far as I can tell. The "should you" portion of track selection. Some things...just don't need reimagining.