FAC - RESULTS ARE IN!!! Fan Art Competition 28: Sega vs. Nintendo

bonzai!

RESULTS ARE IN!!!

FAC 28

Theme: Sega vs. Nintendo

Welcome to the September 2009 edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC)!

This month's theme is Sega vs. Nintendo!

"As for my choice of topic for FAC 28, I'm going with Sega vs Nintendo. Anything made by Sega going up against (in any for or fashion) anything made by Nintendo. I'm talking original games made by Nintendo and Sega proper... first party stuff. So Sonic, Metroid, Zelda, Eternal Champions, Punch-Out, Donkey Kong, Alex Kidd, Opa-Opa (curse anyone who knows not who Opa-Opa is :lol:), Phantasy Star... that kind of thing."

--The Coop, winner of August's FAC!

PM your entries to me by SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27TH.

--------------------------

RESULTS!

and the winner is...........bonzai!

Number 1, Sindra -- 13

Number 2, relyanCe -- 6

Number 3, DJ Mighty -- 7

Number 4, bonzai -- 23

Number 5, Rambo -- 11

thanks to everyone who participated this month, either with entries or voting. Hope to see you for October's FAC!!!

HERE ARE THE ENTRIES!!!

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

PM your top 3 picks to me by FRIDAY OCTOBER 2ND.

If your unfamiliar with the FAC, here is some interesting reading material.

FAQ

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition (most of the time) and must be video game related.

Who can submit art?

Anyone.

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

The OCR community. Anyone who wants to vote, can vote.

How does voting work?

You vote for your three favorite entries, from first to third. These entries are given points based on the order in which you voted for them in. For example,

1st. Rambo

2nd. bonzai

3rd. Nyuura

In this case, Rambo would get 3 points, bonzai would get 2, and Nyuura would get 1 (although Nyuura gets three most of the time).

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over, I'll announce the winner and show the tallied scores for all entries.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you really want to.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No nudity.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

DEADLINES!

PM your entries to me by SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27TH.

PM your top 3 picks to me by FRIDAY OCTOBER 2ND.

Support this competition by wearing one of these fancy sig things, or make one of your own -

fan2sd1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan0hu1.png

is this VS. as in crossover or fighting?

It's Sega made games/characters going up against Nintendo made games/characters. Have them thumb wrestle, fight, bowl, have a hot dog eating contest, put on a talent show, measure bra cup sizes... whatever floats your boat. As long as one side is trying to best the other in some form or fashion.

Aha! I thought of a great idea that's too awesome to not draw - but I'm not 100% sure it fits with the theme exactly. Should I tell you what it is Coop, or just "let the voters decide" like I usually do?

Actually.... if you look at it another way, it does fit the theme completely. I'm not sure if people will look at it "that way" though =p

Bah who cares I'm drawing it anyway :tomatoface:

I finally finished today!

Well, finished practice sketches.

Started practice sketches.

...for Marvel vs Capcom.

BUT I'M STILL GOING TO FINISH BEFORE THE DEADLINE THIS TIME!! I plan to use a style I don't usually draw in though... not that there is a style I usually draw in. But I have NO IDEA if it'll turn out nearly as good as the picture in my head. I guess we'll see...

(Only one week left by the way)