Your take on why is OCR so open and trusting

Level 99

When it comes to meeting remixers, I'm easily star-struck. Everytime I meet a new one I have a mental battle with myself to stay composed:

<OMG it's zircon! don't say something stupid...don't say something stupid...don't say something stupid...>

"Hi zircon, er, Andy, er...Mr. Aversa...umm...hurrr, I like ur muzic cuz it's real good"

<DAMN!>

So yeah, my poorly made point is that I feel like I know people and have stuff to discuss IRL through their music, just like so many people feel like they know something about their favorite celeb even before they've met them.

Hahahahahaha lmao bLiNd and I cracked up at this. Harmony, you're so great. :D I will admit I did that towards Big Giant Circles. >.> Last year he said he wasn't coming to Magfest, but thanks to audio fidelity he tagged along with him. I hid behind Jordan and I said, "OMG IS THAT BIG GIANT CIRCLES?!?!?!?" bLiNd: "Yeah.. I think it is..." Me: "OMG I'm scared." :P I really consider some people here as celebs. When I met bLiNd for the first time I was really nervous too and barely spoke to him. XD Now he's my husband and he's the easiest person to talk to. ;)

So yeah, my poorly made point is that I feel like I know people and have stuff to discuss IRL through their music, just like so many people feel like they know something about their favorite celeb even before they've met them.

Or I can go up to someone and be like, "I really liked (insert name of old song here)" and then they'll kind of look at me with this WTF look on their face because, secretly, they think it's their worst published song on the Internet.

haha, I'm glad to see that other people share some of my OCReMixer fanboyism :)

And of the many that I've met (non-remixers as well), most have been totally cool people. So next MAG, Avatar of Justice and everyone else reading this shouldn't hesitate to seek out the OCR peeps to hang out with, even if you've got your own crew.

Plus, our crew has matching shirts :P

haha, I'm glad to see that other people share some of my OCReMixer fanboyism :)

And of the many that I've met (non-remixers as well), most have been totally cool people. So next MAG, Avatar of Justice and everyone else reading this shouldn't hesitate to seek out the OCR peeps to hang out with, even if you've got your own crew.

Plus, our crew has matching shirts :P

Dude I was like "omg omg omg" talking to people in IRC. I was even more thrilled when people started recognizing me by NAME.

Now I've gotten used to it.

I don't really hang around on the #ocremix channel anymore, it feels a bit strange and foreign to me because I don't know anyone there anymore. OCR is a scary place online...

... but apparently it's pretty swell IRL.

When it comes to meeting remixers, I'm easily star-struck. Everytime I meet a new one I have a mental battle with myself to stay composed:

<OMG it's zircon! don't say something stupid...don't say something stupid...don't say something stupid...>

"Hi zircon, er, Andy, er...Mr. Aversa...umm...hurrr, I like ur muzic cuz it's real good"

<DAMN!>

You don't need to feign pretension for me, my son. When and if y'all meet me, I'm going to be exactly as you expect me to be.

If it helps, I got to meet my favorite black actor of all time last year, Tony Todd, and I accidentally asked him what his name was as he asked me mine. If he comes back this year, I'll need to clarify it for him. Same thing happens to everyone I guess.

I remember when I first met Stevo, I thought "damn this dude is crazy!" Not much has changed! :-P

Fack you, Shaun. Fack you long, and fack you hard.

Seriously doesn't change the fact that a good chunk of my current closest friends I've met through here, even if I am a little crazy. Shaun: I've wasted more time on the phone with you than I do with my own mother!!! Then again, she can't give me production tips or make inappropriate comments about everything.

I'd also like to say that I too was awe-struck and a good bit shy when first meeting people from OCR who's mixes I loved. Lots of people have already said exactly how I feel about OCR at this point. This thread has indeed made me happy.

<DAMN!>

Do you have any idea how much of a harmony fanboy I was before I met you? (And I still am)

The same thing happened with me when I first met zircon, pixietricks, DJP, DragonAvenger, Jose... actually, every remixer on here I've met in person, I think (which is maybe 20 or so?). Except Larry.*

I'm usually good at being able to come off as normal for the first few seconds, and after that I'm comfortable enough to where I don't have to worry about blurting out anything stupid or staying quiet out of nervousness.

Also, a lot of folks around here come off as very friendly in person (at least in my experience). It makes it really easy to get over any initial nervousness. KF

* Kidding, Larry's cool.

The reason she LOLs is cuz shes fully satisfied at the bLiNd household sir. Dont attack my wife to get your post count up

u lucky u made this post, because my first respost was probably going to get me banned. i like your music so we coo.

anyways, yeah, my point was this thread turned from being a discussion as to why people cool with having internet ppl in their house, and now it's a giant circlejerk.

I mean it's cool meeting some internet people but I guess I'm more of a laid back person when it comes to that topic. It's great that they make good music and shit, but I'd much rather leave internet to internet and just hang out with the real person and have a good time doing fun stuff. But like the thread started off saying, most of my meetups are with respectfully cool dudes, and I've been lucky in that chance. I'm kind of excited for baha's shindig so I can see how OCR stand up to the "non-ocr" site in relative terms of cool dudes.

I also plan on getting baha ridiculously drunk :3

u lucky u made this post, because my first respost was probably going to get me banned. i like your music so we coo.

anyways, yeah, my point was this thread turned from being a discussion as to why people cool with having internet ppl in their house, and now it's a giant circlejerk.

I mean it's cool meeting some internet people but I guess I'm more of a laid back person when it comes to that topic. It's great that they make good music and shit, but I'd much rather leave internet to internet and just hang out with the real person and have a good time doing fun stuff. But like the thread started off saying, most of my meetups are with respectfully cool dudes, and I've been lucky in that chance. I'm kind of excited for baha's shindig so I can see how OCR stand up to the "non-ocr" site in relative terms of cool dudes.

I also plan on getting baha ridiculously drunk :3

alright well you drink....control your temper. If you ever do meet with us you dont want to get into a beef with my wife or me. And we are only coo, if you respect her, has nothing to do with my music. Just take it easy on the forums and get your reputation by respecting people.

<DAMN!>

Hahaha, that's exactly how I felt the first time I met Andy. *blushes*

But yeah, same with a lot of remixers.

Hmm... maybe this would be a good time to ask if people are uncomfortable with hugs... otherwise, I might be tempted to with people that I've known for a long time on here... at least, upon first meeting them...

If I haven't spent at least an afternoon with you, or if you're not in Theatre, then I find hugs weird.

I hug theatre people though.

Hmm... maybe this would be a good time to ask if people are uncomfortable with hugs... otherwise, I might be tempted to with people that I've known for a long time on here... at least, upon first meeting them...

I used to give hugs to everyone, and still do from time-to-time, unless I see they're really uncomfortable with it or am in a more professional mood. Example: I will hug you when I meet you, but I will not hug Nobuo if I ever meet him. :razz:

The first time I saw Taucer do a barrel roll I got all hot and bothered. Same thing goes for Mazedude's backflip.

I knew I wasn't the only one.

Hahaha, that's exactly how I felt the first time I met Andy. *blushes*

But yeah, same with a lot of remixers.

I wonder, is that how he felt when he first met you?

I'm fine with receiving hugs, but I'm rarely the one to initiate one (with someone I've only just met). I never know if the other person is comfortable with it, so I chicken out. KF

LOL, I live in Texas, that's nowhere USA as far as OCR is concerned, all the meetups and cool stuff are held in like VA, or MD, or most of the northern states...there's not a damn thing down here, and not too many members in the vicinity...the closest members that I know who live remotely close to me are bLiNd and Jade! and that's still two states over...