Your take on why is OCR so open and trusting

Level 99

What is with you people. There are far too many dudes at any of these meet-ups to sit around babbling about "*~*Oh gOsh, I duNNo iF I'd gIvE hugZ or nOt, I am sO sHy, LoL *~*

I mean, listen to yourselves.

Also, stop covering for an excuse to hug Jill, Jade, or any other of the OCR ladies if you ever meet them in person. :<

LOL, I live in Texas, that's nowhere USA as far as OCR is concerned, all the meetups and cool stuff are held in like VA, or MD, or most of the northern states...there's not a damn thing down here, and not too many members in the vicinity...the closest members that I know who live remotely close to me are bLiNd and Jade! and that's still two states over...

If Texas is nowhere, than Oregon is non-existent. :P

What is with you people. There are far too many dudes at any of these meet-ups to sit around babbling about "*~*Oh gOsh, I duNNo iF I'd gIvE hugZ or nOt, I am sO sHy, LoL *~*

I mean, listen to yourselves.

Also, stop covering for an excuse to hug Jill, Jade, or any other of the OCR ladies if you ever meet them in person. :<

Uh, not quite the motivation. Personally, I'd actually be rather nervous hugging Jill or Jade because they're married. Anyway, I grew up with hugs in my family and with my friends. I'm probably not going to go all hug-happy, as I have aged and become somewhat cynical, but a hug for someone I know well and having just met them in person for the first time is kind of standard. Although, I'm not a complete social retard, so if someone's got a no-hug look on their face or in their posture, I'm not going to hug them against their will. Besides, it'd most likely end up being the whole shake hands and then tap the back of the other person's shoulder with the free hand kind of thing, at most.

LOL, I live in Texas, that's nowhere USA as far as OCR is concerned, all the meetups and cool stuff are held in like VA, or MD, or most of the northern states...there's not a damn thing down here, and not too many members in the vicinity...

Star Salzman lives in Dallas, and I know there's a few other remixers from Texas, although they escape me at the moment

LOL, I live in Texas, that's nowhere USA as far as OCR is concerned, all the meetups and cool stuff are held in like VA, or MD, or most of the northern states...there's not a damn thing down here, and not too many members in the vicinity...the closest members that I know who live remotely close to me are bLiNd and Jade! and that's still two states over...

Yeah, as already stated there are a decent amount of people here from Texas. No idea if they'd be down for a meetup though.

Hugging is gateway sex. You press against the other person until private parts are touching and you feel bones poke into you. To hug a woman means to ceremoniously touch both breasts, have one menacing arm around her shoulder and touching her back and the other not too far above her rear end.

If that in itself doesn't result in a sexual harassment trial and restrainment order, it will at least guarantee STDs in the future as all sex eventually starts with hugging.

Hugging is gateway sex. You press against the other person until private parts are touching and you feel bones poke into you. To hug a woman means to ceremoniously touch both breasts, have one menacing arm around her shoulder and touching her back and the other not too far above her rear end.

If that in itself doesn't result in a sexual harassment trial and restrainment order, it will at least guarantee STDs in the future as all sex eventually starts with hugging.

THIS is why we OCR is so open and trusting. A shining example. I mean, how could ANYONE not trust someone who says this stuff?

:nicework: nice-work-sarcasm

Rock on, Meteo.

I've met up with a few people from the internet (online games or music forums similar to this), and was able to start just talking with them as if we'd known each other for quite a while--which, in a sense, we had, since we'd conversed many times before. This was always in a public place, but now I'd consider these folks my friends.

I absolutely love meeting new people, so I've never felt these situations were so awkward. In a couple of cases, though, I was the only one who felt that way--guess I'm just really outgoing or something, lol.

and ends with the horizontal tango.

meteo (11:07:31 AM): horizontal tango? Is that what you kids are calling it now?

prophetofsax (11:07:40 AM): possibly

prophetofsax (11:07:48 AM): that's the wife's term for it

prophetofsax (11:08:02 AM): after i jokingly said we should get dance lessons for our wedding

prophetofsax (11:08:08 AM): and she thought i meant sex coaching

meteo (11:08:47 AM): In my day we called Euphedimecides Tragedy: The Weeping of the Gods in the Garden of Midnight Act III Scenes 6-12.

prophetofsax (11:08:59 AM): which is why you're a virgin

meteo (11:10:22 AM): Well I'm not. I love virginity. Sex is like cannibalism. Once you start, you can't stop.

prophetofsax (11:10:30 AM): lol

i sometimes am surprised that people on ocr will send me thousands of dollars for a computer. before i started doing this, i never thought that someone would really pay that much to a name on a site to do work like this.

I've been ribbing people in this discussion all in good fun but seriously. What is wrong with you?