Your take on why is OCR so open and trusting

Level 99

• 3 months later...

OCR isn't open, or trusting.

All of us are hateful, suspicious people who can't stand one another, but we pretend we do so that we can lure more people to the site. Once that's been accomplished, we eventually figure out a way to destroy their sense of self worth, morals and sense of good taste. Our numbers grow, more people are brought here, and it all begins again.

It's a deliciously evil cycle that fills the hearts of everyone here with the disdain for humanity that keeps us all going.

Wait, you mean this isn't a RP forum and you're all being honest?

Man, what have some of you guys been smoking?

I put on my robe and wizard hat?

Well, anyone I've talked to on instant messenger has always been helpful and nice to me. Add to that a general amount of intelligence and a common interest and we've got a pretty decent group to be around. And hugs.

All of us are hateful, suspicious people who can't stand one another, but we pretend we do so that we can lure more people to the site. Once that's been accomplished, we eventually figure out a way to destroy their sense of self worth, morals and sense of good taste. Our numbers grow, more people are brought here, and it all begins again.

It's a deliciously evil cycle that fills the hearts of everyone here with the disdain for humanity that keeps us all going.

...is what the correct answer would be if UnMod were still here.

Personal experience with meetups:

First meetup - DC VGL '07.

Never before this point have I ever met people in person that I first met online. The first person I ever met was Kroze, whom I had spoken to for the first time literally 9 hours before I left my house. Then I met Lukas, whom I had never spoken to, but got a PM from during the night before I drove to pick him up.

My first meeting with Jill and Andy: Andy was in the hospital as a result of a birthday appendectomy, so Kroze, Lukas, Nicky, and myself all drove to the hospital to stop in and say Hi.

Drove down to DC to meet the rest of the OCR folks at the Kennedy Center, and literally got out of the car just as everyone else was walking to the Center. Inside, we met Tommy Tallarico and the rest of the VGL crew.

After the VGL concert, a large number of us headed over to djp's house for fun, games, and music. I spent the night at djp's house that night, and left before the BBQ the next day to take Lukas and Kroze back to Philly. I took Taucer with me, because he wanted to go to joecam's house for 4th of July celebrations, and had to go to Woodward the next day, so after driving to Philly and back to central PA for a car swap, I drove me and Taucer to Wilkes-Barre to joecam's.

List of people that I met (incomplete):

- Kroze

- Lukas

- pixietricks

- zircon

- djpretzel

- BigGiantCircles

- GeoffreyTaucer

- DarkeSword

- Harmony

- Jose the Bronx Rican

- DJSammyG

- RealFolkBlues

- Arrowned

- q_pa

- Bahamut

- DragonAvenger

- Pezman

- Moguta

- joecam

- Pappy

- Various other joecam friends

I dunno, between OCR and MAGFolk, there aren't many people between there that I wouldn't be comfortable driving hours with, or crashing in a room with, or sharing a bed with...

- Kroze

- Lukas

- pixietricks

- zircon

- djpretzel

- BigGiantCircles

- GeoffreyTaucer

- DarkeSword

- Harmony

- Jose the Bronx Rican

- DJSammyG

- RealFolkBlues

- Arrowned

- q_pa

- Bahamut

- DragonAvenger

- Pezman

- Moguta

- joecam

- Pappy

- Various other joecam friends

I dunno, between OCR and MAGFolk, there aren't many people between there that I wouldn't be comfortable driving hours with, or crashing in a room with, or sharing a bed with...

Everyone on that list just got reeeeaaaaaal quiet :lol:

i dont know what youre talking about i dont pretend at all