OC Mashups acceptable?

Maiku Wotaharu

Hello all.

I was wondering if I were to submit a song mashup containing a published OCRemix recording, would it be accepted?

The reason I ask is because a popular artist has released all the basic tracks of one of his hit songs onto his website for remixing, and one of the OCRemixes I heard would match almost perfectly with his vocals!

Thanks for reading.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooo...

Actually, that would be cool to hear. Make it, post it on the remix feedback board. But subbed, paneled, and posted on the front page? No. A mashup doesn't change the arrangement substantially, so you're just using someone else's work to get posted. That's not gonna work.

But there's been mashups posted on the boards before. You should do yours and post it, too. :D

Hello all.

I was wondering if I were to submit a song mashup containing a published OCRemix recording, would it be accepted?

The reason I ask is because a popular artist has released all the basic tracks of one of his hit songs onto his website for remixing, and one of the OCRemixes I heard would match almost perfectly with his vocals!

Thanks for reading.

the issue is that OCR won't take anything that's been released for profit elsewhere, so that it won't infringe on copyright laws. if the stuff's been released totally free, no strings attached, and you're allowed to publish it, then it'd be allowed.