New 2D Sonic in 2010

halc

Maybe Sega and Nintendo should merge.

Well, not like merge merge, more like Sega fuses into Nintendo and let Nintendo do its thing.

Yeah but you could say goodbye to games like Yakuza, Alpha Protocol or Bayonetta.

It would become a Mario & Sonic party hd-turbo-super-cinamon-dentalfloss-remix festival in the blink of an eye.

He drinks the blood of his allies and the neutral creatures, gaining their abilities as he does. They then become his thralls, and follow him wherever he goes. Little by little, Sonic builds a thrall army, and eventually turns them all on Robotnik's forces. The final battle comes, and it can only end in one of two ways...

- Sonic gets a stake in the heart by Mechasonic, thus Robotnik saves the world he's tried so hard to take over.

- Sonic drains Robotnik of blood, thus enabling Sonic to bring his world into a dark chaos... with him ruling over all as a vampire lord.

I honestly loved Unleashed to bits. Even the werewolf bits were pretty entertaining at spots, even if it isn't Sonic gameplay.

But the actual speedy Sonic gameplay in that game was similar to some of the best Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 levels. I don't know why people actually bash that game really. Though I wish they didn't release more DLC levels. That was annoying. Though actually worth it IMO.

It's honest question time.

What was so great about Sonic back in "the day" anyway?

Seriously, all he ever did was run and maybe jump to avoid spikes every now and then. No fireballs, no super leaf/cape, swimming, or cool acrobatics, no successive improvements to the formula through the series, just running.

I'm not gonna defend any of the recent Sonic games 'cause I haven't played a single one since Adventure 2 save for Unleashed, but none of you think that just running through levels(in shitty genesis graphics and music no less) would have gotten stale?

I can't help but think that a lot of you are just blinded by a sense of weird nostalgia.

Seriously, all he ever did was run and maybe jump to avoid spikes every now and then. No fireballs, no super leaf/cape, swimming, or cool acrobatics, no successive improvements to the formula through the series, just running.

I'm not gonna defend any of the recent Sonic games 'cause I haven't played a single one since Adventure 2 save for Unleashed, but none of you think that just running through levels(in shitty genesis graphics and music no less) would have gotten stale?

I can't help but think that a lot of you are just blinded by a sense of weird nostalgia.

the best thing about old Sonic had nothing to do with Sonic... It were the Levels themselves. They were awesome.

And about the "shitty genesis graphics and music", they were the best of their time, you can't demand more than that!

I can't help but stereotype you as every other teenager at my school, who judge games based on their graphics.

Like said before by KyleJ, have you played a classic Sonic game? It's frikkin amazing dude.

I acquired a genesis emulator and sonic 3 and knuckles and was hooked on it for weeks. I beat it entirely, super emeralds and all.

The only good thing about Sonic Unleashed was the day levels. :P

And if you're prepared to call older Sonic music... well, what you called it (I don't curse, there I said it) then I'm prepared to strap you to a chair and blast Project Chaos music into your ears. Sonic 3 And Knuckles prob' had most awesome. I didn't play one or two, (well I did only the first two or three levels) but you know Sonic 3 music was done by Michael Jackson's music team... yeh so it's not bad like you say it is. And then when the scandal came around they replaced all of the tracks in the PC version.

GENESIS:

Angel Island= Dangerous

Marble Garden=Thriller

Hydrocity=Give in to me

Ice Cap Zone (or Flying Battery depending on your preference)= Smooth Criminal

etc. etc. etc.

PC:

Some... weird... songs...

etc. etc. etc.

Contrary to what other guys say, Sonic's not speed oriented. If it is, it's very little.

It's a platformer. Look at Sandapolis Zone for god's sake, you never keep running for more than 2 seconds!

The speed is not part of the gameplay. It's part of his character. Sega keeps making more of his character and trying to make him a knight and a werewolf when he's not supposed to be. I don't mind 3D gameplay. I just mind that they're trying to make Sonic games story-oriented adventure games. The adventure games were fine they weren't too in depth to story and levels were fun but then everything else focused too much on story.