Post-rock WIP 'Lightning'

jezon2000

I think this is probably my only decent wip to date. This is partially inspired by my memories of hurricane Andrew in Florida, specifically at night with all the blue flashes from the transformers when the storm hit the coast and started knocking out power lines. I think this track could still use some more textures and some fine tuning, but I'm sharing it as is because I thought it was sounding cool, and who knows when I'll finish it up. Listeners welcome...

http://www.mediafire.com/?cjmymolmmdy

Let me know if you liked it :D

I could learn a thing or 2 from you. When i write my original stuff, i usually just sit down and play whatever. I never really plan it out. So it ends up having a bad punk sound to it. I do go back and finish them up properly though, but i really need to spend more time planning out the track before hand.

Anyways. It does kinda remind you of bad storm. I think this track really sums up the aftermath more than the actual duration of the storm. I agree with -RK- though that maybe it does have too much distortion. I can see how you would want a little more distortion to help fill in the sound landscape though.

Very well done my man.

Many thanks, my man. :grin: Honestly I find going for a certain sound helps, but in the end experimenting with different sounds and improv'ing some progression/melody ideas is the only way I can do original material. I've never had a decent melody just pop into my head, which is why most of my stuff doesn't really have melodies. With this one it's all one long progression. I'll have to check out your wips and decide for myself whether or not they have a bad punk sound, though :D