Question about submitting to site

Jowin

It has to be based on a video game song first off, but it needs to be substantially arranged so that it's different enough from the source so that it's not just a straight cover. That means that some segments of the song can be originally-written, derivative material, but the source tune has to be dominant in the song if you want it to get past the Judges.

Hi...I read the 'submitting' guidelines under the about section on the site..but I am confused on whether any work submitted has to be a re-arrangement of other video game music or can it be completely brand new material.

well, that question doesn't make a lot of sense. every track here is a re-arrangement of a videogame track - so, how can it be brand new material? if you're writing the soundtrack to a videogame, you've still gotta remix it in order to submit. otherwise, it's not a remix, it's an original song.

I can make sense of the question is if the OP is concerned about the feedback boards. Posting on either of the feedback boards is NOT, repeat: _NOT_ the same as submitting a remix to ocremix.

Info on submitting remixes to ocremix

Could also be about re-arranging one's own video game music compositions. You can sub an arrangement of your own video game music if you're a composer and have your music on a game that's notable enough (which is up to the judges/staff to decide). The Fat Man did it. That's not the same version as was used in the games tho. It's called "remix" for a reason. ;)

I can make sense of the question is if the OP is concerned about the feedback boards. Posting on either of the feedback boards is NOT, repeat: _NOT_ the same as submitting a remix to ocremix.

Info on submitting remixes to ocremix

Could also be about re-arranging one's own video game music compositions. You can sub an arrangement of your own video game music if you're a composer and have your music on a game that's notable enough (which is up to the judges/staff to decide). The Fat Man did it. That's not the same version as was used in the games tho. It's called "remix" for a reason. ;)

ah, THAT makes a lot more sense.