Scribblenauts; I Haz it!

Overflow

Level 3-7: Summon a helicopter and get inside of it. Fly over and hover above the cow. Then summon a rope. Attach one end of the rope to the bottom of the copter and the other end to the cow. Fly up and carry the cow back to the left side of the screen as far as you can go. While you're doing this, the cars will drive on ahead and a starite will appear. You'll also get a nice -1 for your Par.

You know, I used that strategem for getting the patient to the hospital, too... Still took two tries that time, though, since I accidentally killed the doctor by dropping the helicopter upside-down on him. But yeah, thanks.

Thalzon, that one is tricky, for one real reason. The real egg isn't the one being guarded by the green dinosaur on the left, but rather, above the caveman. It's the egg of a pterodactyl. Fly up there using wings or some such method, fight the pterodactyl with a T-rex or something and then crack the egg. It'll be a yolk. Grab it, bring it down to the caveman, and presto!

Always remember to LOOK AROUND. :-P The most obvious thing might not always be the right thing to do.

Thalzon, that one is tricky, for one real reason. The real egg isn't the one being guarded by the green dinosaur on the left, but rather, above the caveman. It's the egg of a pterodactyl. Fly up there using wings or some such method, fight the pterodactyl with a T-rex or something and then crack the egg. It'll be a yolk. Grab it, bring it down to the caveman, and presto!

Always remember to LOOK AROUND. :-P The most obvious thing might not always be the right thing to do.

... Oy. Yeah, I feel dumb. :P Thanks, though.

There is one major, glaring flaw in this game. The controls are rather wonky sometimes. I mean, when I want to stand next to the water's edge, I spend more time trying to get out of it than I do playing.

I think if they had made the d-pad control the character instead of the camera, it would have made more sense. As it is, the touch screen seems to be very sensitive. I end up running around and have trouble stopping effectively. Also, I'm finding the interface with items to sometimes not respond when it should.

Unless there is a setting somewhere to alter or switch the controls, I think this is a huge problem.

There is one major, glaring flaw in this game. The controls are rather wonky sometimes. I mean, when I want to stand next to the water's edge, I spend more time trying to get out of it than I do playing.

I think if they had made the d-pad control the character instead of the camera, it would have made more sense. As it is, the touch screen seems to be very sensitive. I end up running around and have trouble stopping effectively. Also, I'm finding the interface with items to sometimes not respond when it should.

Unless there is a setting somewhere to alter or switch the controls, I think this is a huge problem.

That was the main criticism... It's by no means damaging to the game itself- it's just one of the annoying niggles that makes you realise that even the best games aren't everything they could be.

I've found myself running into lava/activiating trip lines just because I didn't pick up my spawned object correctly.

so i went and bought this game and came home to find my ds stolen :[

Lol, the irony of getting a game, in which, you can summon anything you want, and losing the one thing you already had to use it.

Okay, that sentence makes little sense, but you know what I'm getting at! Anyone else wanna take a stab at wording it better?

Wow... Someone hates you. I would suggest finding this person and then hitting them with your DS. It's a Nintendo handheld, I think it can deal out some good damage and still work afterwards.

More like he should take the old gameboy brick, chuck it at the thief, knock him out with that, and take back his DS.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who used to pirate every single game he owned, just about, but then he actually went out and spent money on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Ohh, the irony!

But yeah, I was totally expecting to summon a scarecrow and then have it be completely ignored by crows. They just kinda run away with their head held under their beak if they get to close to one. Now try putting a murder of crows in between two scarecrows within close proximity and they just keep pacing nervously back and forth between them!

Hilarious.

EDIT: Also, I just found out you can summon Ninja Sharks in this game.

Wow... Someone hates you. I would suggest finding this person and then hitting them with your DS. It's a Nintendo handheld, I think it can deal out some good damage and still work afterwards.

maybe the original DS (the lite's too damn flimsy), but the latest nintendo that I'm sure would do well is the original GBA

I bought this game yesterday. I'm a few days late to the party but I can say that it's definitely an addictive few hours so far. It is actually kind of underwhelming when you first start out since the levels are so easy, but as you expand your repetoire it gets more and more fun.

I think this is one of those games that you want to play with friends to get the most benefit from, because they will give you suggestions of items to solve puzzles that you won't think of yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

This game would be so much better if I could just move with the d-pad and jump by pressing a button.

As it is, the wonky controls and retarded physics are frustrating me too much for me to really get into it. Especially on those goddamned levels where you have to avoid killing anything.

This game would be so much better if I could just move with the d-pad and jump by pressing a button.

As it is, the wonky controls and retarded physics are frustrating me too much for me to really get into it. Especially on those goddamned levels where you have to avoid killing anything.

Agreed, but nonetheless, its not that bad most of the time. Still, would be nice to be able to have that alternative - I can see a lot of levels being much less tedious this way.