OoT: Bolero of Fire *last update*

Theophany

I thought it sounded too low/quiet...? I kind of want it to sound fuller, because I've noticed it sounds much better with the volume up, but when I listen to it next to other ocr mixes at a normal (half) volume, mine seems much quieter. I should post it in ocrwip this week and see what the professionals think. Or maybe my ears are shot from mixing all day o_O?

I think this is pretty close to being final. There might be some tweaks to notes here and there once I do the mastering to try and boost the overall volume, but I plan to sit on this for another week or two, and if it still sounds good when I come back for another listen, I'm just going to submit it.

img.php?fid=478

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to listen and comment.

I really like this; good work, soldier. It's pretty laid back in its dissonance, and I'm really feeling the ambience in the first section of the song. Then things tie off as if the song ends sort of prematurely, but right at 3:45 the song steps up and tells me, "That ambience is a thing of the past; this is the beginning of the end." The song steps dramatically into the foreground and makes itself known. I love this part.

Now the only thing I didn't really get was an end. When the cello starts its grinding at the 3:45 mark, it's almost as if its promising me a badass climax where all the instruments just take off and peak. The section with piano hitting those low notes feels abrupt and empty to me. It felt like you were building up to something big with the harps and strings and piano, but it never went there.

You have a point there. I listened to this again the other day, and I'm going to have to go back on my word about it being pretty near final. I think there's still a bit of work I have to do. It doesn't feel totally complete yet. It's in the ball park, but it still needs to come together some more. I feel like I subbed my last wip a bit prematurely, so I'm going to hold back on this one and put some more time into it. I'll probably experiment with the ending and with the middle section, and of course it needs mastering. Thanks for the feedback plaz.

Sure thing. I think once it's properly finished, I guarantee you it'll be accepted. The quality of what you've got so far is through the roof, and the simple fact that you can turn an eight note motif into a coherent musical marvel is a feat in and of itself. Keep going!