System Shock 2 - Med/Sci - Orchestral

zathras

First off, welcome my friend! Now that that's out of the way, this is pretty damn good actually. I'll admit, i'm too familiar with the source, but slightly with the game its from. I should play it cause Bioshock was my favorite damn game of all time. You thought i was gonna say something negative, didn't you? ;)

Any-who. I really like the suspenseful/dramatic feel of the track of the track. That build up around 4:22 is very nice and very well done. The only real complaint i have is that the overall volume is very low. The production seems pretty tight though.

I'm kinda wondering what software this is that your talking about? I would like to know. :D

I really, really enjoyed this. I, too, am very familiar with the source. You've taken a very cool spin on this memorable, intense tune. I feel like it went from "scary futuristic lab" to "scary fantasy steam dungeon". It's really cool.

Regardless of whether it gets accepted, I'm gonna keep this one around for my pen-n-paper roleplaying nights. :) Thanks! Sorry I can't critique much, I'm too nostalgic to be objective on this one.

The only real complaint i have is that the overall volume is very low. The production seems pretty tight though.

I'm kinda wondering what software this is that your talking about? I would like to know. :D

Yeah, I should use some compression. I think the sample-bank is pretty quiet and I didn't know how to do that back then. :)

I used Renoise, which is like a modern version of Fast Tracker... and a set of VST instruments for the samplebank. Er, East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Gold, I think.

Thanks for your feedback!

I feel like it went from "scary futuristic lab" to "scary fantasy steam dungeon". It's really cool.

Regardless of whether it gets accepted, I'm gonna keep this one around for my pen-n-paper roleplaying nights. :) Thanks! Sorry I can't critique much, I'm too nostalgic to be objective on this one.

I'm really a fan of System Shock's sound design and music. Great stuff for 1999.

If you want I could break the two sections of this into discreet songs, so you could have "scary futuristic lab" on repeat and then when you change areas it could go to "scary fantasy steam dungeon" on repeat. ;)