Zelda Majora's Mask - Oathbreaker

rig1015

Why should all remixes be named positive titles ... doubt I'll see a title for a Metorid remixe called A Galactic Genocide err something...

Anyway-

Majora's Mask - Oathbreaker

I've been going down this Majora's Mask trip lately. This is a WIP of the Oath to Order song from The Legend Of Zelda - Majora's Mask called Oathbreaker. I was going for an

sound with this remix but unfortunately my orchestral abilities are not what they used to be so it slowly turned in an electronical remix... plus I don't really care for synth'd Orch work anyway.

The choir part in this song will be recorded when I record the choir work for my Metroid Prime remix, D-Corrupted. Just an FYI.

I'm probably looking to collab on this one... anyone interested feel free to PM me.

Well, this mix certainly gets off to a slow start. Ideally there should be something appetizing within the first minute to get the listener excited, but I'm not quite hearing it yet.

At 1:30 there's some meat, and I'm assuming this is where you'll be doing the choir work since what's here is largely identical to the source. Are you going to change this up or stick to the recipe?

The chunkier industrial sound at 2:22 is great, and will probably define the song. As far as combining orchestra and electronica, I think you'd find the work of

or
pretty inspiring. Definitely something to chew on.

Overall, I think this mix has a lot of potential, but it's a little undercooked. You've treated it differently than other remixes of this song, but so far there's nothing really substantial to set it apart. I wouldn't desert what you've got, but some new writing or even new phrasing of the melody would go a long way towards satisfying the listener.

:wink: :wink:

Why should all remixes be named positive titles ... doubt I'll see a title for a Metorid remixe called A Galactic Genocide err something..

I'm probably looking to collab on this one... anyone interested feel free to PM me.

First off, i think whole mix is damn epic and not one part of it really seems off or out of place. I can see what you mean by going for the E.S. Posthumus sound here. It seems that all the instruments are well balanced. No clipping or unwanted distortion/noise. I think with the addition of a choir in there, this track would be amazing. I would love to help collab on this. If you need rhythm guitars in there, let me know. I know that E. S. Posthumus have some heavy distorted guitars that lay in the background of the track to help give it the epic feel. I'll PM you about that.

One question though. Is the track only 3:25 long or so? Cause when its playing, it seems to 5:55 long, but the rest is just silence. Not a problem, i was just wondering.

Also, i might "borrow" that A Galactic Genecide title for a track of mine. :D

One question though. Is the track only 3:25 long or so? Cause when its playing, it seems to 5:55 long, but the rest is just silence. Not a problem, i was just wondering.

Ha Ha! Listen to my Logic's Mix Bus' SNR! :-P Yeah Sorry... totally didn't set the right bounce values.

UPDATE!!!

And the interweb is out at my house so, so sorry to anyone trying to hit me up for a collab!

Enjoy

sweet to see some majoras mask remixes get on here. I did a remix of this song and the stone tower song. Still waiting for it to hit judges mix, they are at May 7th and I submitted May 29th so I got a little bit of a way to go. Good song to remix for sure.

I like your remix, very epic sounding like Jabond said and completely different from the approach I took so that makes it really enjoyable too that we can both take the same song and take it to completely different realms of music.

I don't know if I like the fade out you have at 1:10 before it starts into the choir at 1:20 or so....seems like there should just be something in there, or it fade out quicker and have the choir start sooner, or something like that.

Overall, I like your work man. nice epic song, production is good IMO and keeps you pretty entertained throughout. It's kind of a simple song to begin with so it's definitely hard to stretch out.