DJ Hero

JH Sounds

well, assuming there's already been two DJ based rhythm games (i.e. Beatmania and Pop'N Music) looks very nice...and the Daft Punk cameo and playability is awesome, even though after Human After All Daft Punk is just overrated, although I hear Electroma is a good underground movie...have yet to see it.

Daft Punk cameo and playability is awesome, even though after Human After All Daft Punk is just overrated.

I "keel" you

It's about time they were acknowledged.

I'm pretty sure DJ AM also had something to do with this.

SInce he was working on the game and he himself was a Daft Fan.

That's why he dressed up as Thomas at HARD Haunted Mansion.

"Legendary Electronic Music Duo To Lend Unique Likenesses and Massive Variety of Music Exclusively to the Game

Santa Monica, CA – September 14, 2009 – For the first time ever in a video game, GRAMMY® Award winning DJ’s and producing duo, Daft Punk, will start the party right with Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) DJ Hero™ on October 27, 2009. Featuring 93 exclusive on-disc mixes from some of the biggest acts in hip-hop, pop, rock and dance, players will be able to test their DJing chops as virtual recreations of the renowned twosome and experience their iconic sounds in eleven original mixes, including two signature "Megamixes,” using their music. Among the mixes in the game featuring Daft Punk are:

Daft Punk "Around the World” vs. Young MC "Bust A Move”

Daft Punk "Da Funk” vs. NASA "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB and Fatlip”

Daft Punk "Da Funk” vs. Queen "Another One Bites the Dust”

Daft Punk "Robot Rock” vs. Hashim "Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)” – Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts

Daft Punk "Robot Rock” vs. Queen "We Will Rock You”

Daft Punk "Short Circuit” vs. Boogie Down Productions "Jack Of Spades”

Daft Punk "Technologic” vs. Gary Numan "Cars”

Daft Punk "Television Rules The Nation” vs. No Doubt "Hella Good”

"Partnering with Daft Punk is a rare opportunity in any medium and we are extremely honored to have worked with them so closely on integrating into DJ Hero in such a compelling way,” said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Guitar Hero®. "This is the first time in a video game that fans will have this kind of direct interaction with Daft Punk while also experiencing never-before-released mixes that feature some of their most popular tracks. It’s amazing working with Daft Punk as they are the quintessential electronic music act known around the world for their unique style and music.”

I never said that Daft Punk weren't amazing artists, they just didn't spend enough time on Human After All to make it worth a darn...alot of the tracks on the CD are repetitive and boring to listen to over time...it's almost like Homework with new technology, and Homework had some of their biggest music...

(on a side note: Discovery is my favorite Daft Album! I don't hate any of it!)

I did like how Daft Punk made up for how poorly Robot Rock was made by remixing it later...

And Alive 2007 showed a little more creativity on the newer music while keeping the classics classic...

I'll probably buy this game if it's slated for a PS2 release...XD

• 4 weeks later...

daft punk isnt anywhere near as great as anyone says they are and the rest of the tracklist is really mediocre imo also man you people must love shelling out tons of money on these cheap plastic things

after rock band that was it for me definitely

daft punk isnt anywhere near as great as anyone says they are and the rest of the tracklist is really mediocre imo also man you people must love shelling out tons of money on these cheap plastic things

after rock band that was it for me definitely

Why do you hate fun atmuh?

I remember a time when you didn't hate fun.

You changed man, you used to be cool.

^Lies...

Well I tried this at Best Buy

It seemed okay but I 1. don't like most of the songs and 2. hate how the songs I like are ruined. Then again I never liked mixing or DJ stuff like this anyway so why am I playing this.

Still, the actual gameplay seemed alright, but it's definitely not enough to convince me to buy this and a big bastard machine.

Now Imma have to disagree Tables. I love mashups, so that is one tick in the buy column. The gameplay is really challenging, kinda like Beatmania, and I like that sorta thing. You get to play AS DAFT PUNK!!

On the other side of the argument. The game is pricey as fuck. 119 for Standard, and 199 for Special Edition? Ewwwww...The Turntable they had for the demo at Best Buy seemed to be too loose, which is the opposite problem the Beatmania Home Controller had. And finally the Cross Fader key seems a tad loose too.

I will be getting this cause I like Rhythm games. At the same time, I know in the back of my mind that it is a Hero game, so I am approaching with a bit of concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok So I gots the game. Imma give you the good and the bad.

First and foremost, this is a Beatmania game for America. What I mean is the Crippling difficulty of the Bemani Beast is toned down a bit. That don't mean this game is a pushover though. The addition of the Crossfader makes for some fun and exciting play, but will have you screaming at points cause the window for moving it can be very small.

The controller itself is still loose, like the demo at best buy. I was rather dismayed that there was no way to tighten the turn table, as scratching tends to spin the turntable a bit outta hand if you aren't careful. It seems they fixed the Crossfader. It is a lot tighter than it Best Buy counter part.

The song selection is great, and alot of the mashups I was apprehensive aboot ended up sounding really good. I would buy an OST of the entire setlist, if one such was available. The David Bowie songs kinda suck though, and that makes me sad.

Gameplay is like any rhythm game, match the color and position and what not, and again it seems like it was cleaned up and made alot tighter from it's Best Buy brethren.

Badside of things, there a graphical glitches in several places, though they aren't too detrimental to the game, as they are background animations and such. There are aboot 10 songs that suck anus. Price is outrageous, but if you buy the special edition, you end up getting a very nice case and stand, which I might add is the first peripheral that is Brushfire Height Approved!! Finally the lack of customizable avatars that plague the Hero series is around again.

Also to Unlock Daft Punk I had to play for nearly 4 hours. Clever bastards...

Over all, if you have the coin to buy the game, get it. It is a lot of fun to be had if you are into the rhythm game scene. It is no replacement for Beatmania IIDX 16 or anything, but it is the best America can hope for.