How long have you been coming to OCR?

duskvstweak

So, how long have you been coming to OCRemix and how have you liked the changes that have come and gone?

I've been coming since 2002 and have been enjoying ever since. I think I first fell in love with the site when I heard AmIEvil's "deathinasnowfield" mix. I still kind of prefer the 2002 site design; the dark blue with the first use the headphones over the controller.

I've loved how involved OCR has become; the albums, the podcast, the judges.

So, how about you?

I've been a forum member since 2002 but I've been browsing here since the site was orange and was primarily DJP's site for sharing his own stuff.

The place has had some interesting changes over the years, some good and some questionable. More drama on trivial things than I'd like but I wasn't involved with any of it so I won't really complain.

I've been a fan of the site for nearly 10 years. 5 years ago I signed up for the forums never made it past 20 posts, I was to busy to feel connected enough here to keep involved. I'm here now and loving the forums, as well as getting involved with compos on thasauce and hitting up IRC when my instructors become too boring...hehe. This site is pretty great I think, some excellent support in the workshop forums!

Started checking songs around my freshy-soffy year of college, actually registered when I subbed my first mix (rejected, absolutely gave me reason to improve). I've only been a really active poster this year, started last year after M6 when I was told about FF4 project. Honestly, I can't complain about too much without being unjustified or sounding like I'm simply whining, so I'll just nod my hat to DJP and the site-workforce and say keep it up. After all, I definitely couldn't do any better if I were in their shoes...

...mmm, muffins...

Joined the forums on the last day of 2007. Before that, I lurked and listened to the Mario and Zelda mixes on the site. Since then, I've been a big fan of both the awesome music created on a regular basis, and the more mature nature of the forums. They certainly beat gamefaqs' forums, I'll tell you that much, lol!