OCR01134 - *YES* Sonic Adventure 2 & 1 'Knuckles' Unknown from M.C.'

djpretzel

Need to hear the originals to judge how much arrangement is going on, but seems quite good -djp

I'm sorry if I'm being redundant, but I've had problems with my Outlook and my web space, ending up with a file that keeps disappearing and no way of knowing if I received a confirmation mail. Take two....

Sonic Adventure 2 - "Knuckles' Unknown from M.C." - by José the Bronx Rican (José E. Felix) - no email to list yet, at least until my webpage is set up...

This is my first submission, after what seemed like forever to get this remix whipped up. It says SA2, but it's actually a combination of the Knuckles themes from both SA 1 and 2, with elements of other Knuckles tunes. I wanted a 100% pure hip-hop result. The lyrics from both themes were rewritten to make them sound a bit less "corny," with new, original lines for the last half of the third verse. In lieu of the help of someone with an actual flow, I recorded the lyrics myself. Comments about the quality of the mix is much appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

-- José --

-- the Bronx Rican --

Oh snap.

This is GENIUS.

No issues here. Sounds great, and a good interpretaton of the source tunes' musical aspects.

The real trick to this remix is that the original songs are professionally produced rap tunes, and this song really takes those songs and makes them, as the remixer indicated, 100% hip-hop. By rewriting the lyrics, he's added his own spin on a very integral part of the source music; they're tighter, flow better, sound less corny, and are performed quite well. The rearrangement and interpretation of the lyrical part of the song is what makes it a winner.

Very professional.

YES

annie.jpg

Two very complete but listless songs have been simplified and stripped down to pure rappers' delight. Without hearing this mix first I wouldn't have believed these could be arranged any differently. Tight lyrics relevant to Knuckles and the games (moreso than the originals themselves), smoother flow and slicker emceeing than the SA2 song, and organ+keyboard+scratching instrumentation make this a hot rearrangement and an interpretation with style. This is strong stuff.

YES