drum programming

so uh

Due to getting more hours at work, and currently owning all the books I need for the current semester of college, I believe I will be able to afford a (quality) drum programmer soon.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind that I AM new to this, so if any programmer that I want might be too difficult for me to use, just say so. Though, I feel I could just learn how to use it with the right practice, so I doubt that will be the case. That and I know the basics from using AD's demo.

Personally, I'm looking at Superior 2.0. Or Addictive Drums. Suggestions? Opinions?

Can't say I've tried many others but AD does the job fine for me. Just try not to rely on the presets as they tend to overuse the (rather poor) internal compression and also spend some time messing with the ratio of close mic:room:overheads for different sounds. It's all too easy to fall into the "AD" sound, anyone who uses it will find it very easy to call you out on it :P.

I'm pretty content with AD myself. It does the job, although alot of the presets apparently are close to useless. By tweaking a bit, you should be able to get a pretty good sound out of it. If you've used the demo, you should be pretty familiar with the interface, and that's got to count for something, right?

Are you getting a programming MACHINE or a sample pack? I don't understand what you're looking for.

I also don't know how much money you actually have to spend, but if you're looking for quality drum samples, why not shoot a purchase to your boy Zircon's drum thing he did a while ago with Shael Riley? I forget the name of it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

Are you getting a programming MACHINE or a sample pack? I don't understand what you're looking for.

I also don't know how much money you actually have to spend, but if you're looking for quality drum samples, why not shoot a purchase to your boy Zircon's drum thing he did a while ago with Shael Riley? I forget the name of it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

If you're talking about Groove Bias, that was with bustatunez (Will Roget). Good stuff, great price. It doesn't cover as many bases as AD or SD, but it really wasn't designed to.

I use Superior 2.0 with Sonar 8's sequencer. and I'm extremely happy with the pair. they do consume quite a bit of CPU and have a 4GB (I think) or 30GB of sounds to install.... it's all very worth it though, the sounds are amazing, and extremely flexible too.

I have heard great things of AD, however, but I can't speak from experience.