OCR01906 - Donkey Kong Country "Dolphin Ride"

djpretzel

I like how this has it's own different brand of ambiance than other Aquatic Ambiance mixes; this reminds me of like wading through some swamp during some starlit night with an accompanying backup band. Also that guitar and piano work is amazing; all of the live touches really add to the personality of the mix.

Admittedly, I don't really care for the post ~3:20 bit, where everything seems to explode loudly and the mood goes dire.

Still, this is quite an amazing mix, and I definitely recommend checking it out.

• 1 year later...

Hmm, interesting ReMix. Goes in quite a few places but doesn't seem to overdo it. I can picture the whole dolphin swimming through the sea with dreary clouds coming in, and then the storm breaking out in guitar before the peace returns in the end. Love the piano. When that guitar opens up, sweetness! Gotta say that the ending was a good finish after that.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01906 - Donkey Kong Country "Dolphin Ride"