OCR00130 - Final Fantasy VI "Back to Towne (Arranged)"

Final Fantasy VI 'Back to Towne (Arranged)'

McVaffe is back in piano arrangement mode again I see, with a FF3 mix done completely in piano, with a touch of strings and flute. Now, I'm going to try and not be biased again as usual, since I'm not really into this kind of thing, so I had better watch myself. Personally, I think this is one of McVaffe's better piano exclusive pieces, and I really like the quality of the sound that's displayed here. I must admit, the work done here is great as I believe those into the music would really be in for a treat. BTW, I’ve always wondered this, is it pronounced M.C. Vaffe or McVaffe as in McDonalds? :D

• 2 months later...

This mix doesnt need much on it, piano, piano, piano, and a flute too at the end.

What more is there to say ? McVaffe .. music .. final fantasy .. tada 9/10 !

The mix features the lovely town music, softly played on a piano, with the beautifull flute at the end. This is something i've wanted done a long time ago, and now i found it.

Thank you McVaffe for bringing us this great song !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amazing. McVaffe, I thoroughly enjoy your work, it never ceases to amaze me. Words can't describe how lovely this piece is - generally, I find it easier to slander to something than to praise it... this just adds to the difficulty. Great job, keep up the awesome work.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This remix leave me speechless each time I listen to it! 8O It was one of the few first remixes I've putted on cd! :P I just wonder why didn't I post a reply about it sooner? :banghead: Like many peoples on this site, all I can do is to bow down in front of McVaffe's geniousity and great talent! :o

The kind of music that bring peace of the soul when you listen to it! :)!!

Those woodwinds at around 1:09 make that feeling stronger! :) To resume all my speech in two words: SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! ...*Sniff* :cry:

kaminekoinnocence.jpg

AZUMANGA DAIOH

• 2 months later...

For some reason the first thing that popped into my head was the scene in "Forrest Gump" when his mother dies...and more than being a cheerful, bouncy piece (as the original title might suggest), this song reeks of sadness and innocence lost.

This remix is really not a remix at all, but, in it's own context, rather sounds like a retrospective on someone's life -- you could see this played over a montage of images from someone's life at their funeral.

Very sad, very sedate, but not demure -- heart-tugging and melancholy, yet smiling-through-your-tears...

This is the best remix I've ever heard. Period.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Piano and flute? And McVaffe?8O

Why haven´t anyone told me? :x

This is a great piece of piano arrangement, and FF city themes always fits like a glove with it. A very relaxing flute made the enjoyment even better.

For some reason the first thing that popped into my head was the scene in "Forrest Gump" when his mother dies...and more than being a cheerful, bouncy piece (as the original title might suggest), this song reeks of sadness and innocence lost.

Dude, I remember that. I think I just got a sad flashback.

Nice work Vaffdude, you truly are one of the best.

• 8 months later...

McVaffe, I'm going to start worshipping you. Kaoss, Fear of the Flava, Liquid Mario, Bukkis Tango, Crystalline Caverns, Yoshi's Rag and this...

This mix has everything a good remix needs. And with that beautiful original melody it's impossible to fail! Great job.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A simple, delicate rendition of a Final Fantasy 6 theme. Even with the McVaffe polish and the ageless quality of the production, I can't say this is remarkable. Nor should it be, really, but it's a definite "What you hear is exactly what you get" mix.

Whereas some mixes have a lot to say underneath the vineer, this is solely about extracting the maximum amount of feeling from the melody, and putting it out there in a way that is respectful to the source. It does that; not much else.

An early McVaffe success, but not something that is going to turn a lot of heads, in 2000 or today.

• 5 years later...

So hard to beat a piano with a beautiful melody, and that's what we've got here. I hate to use the term "simple", because there is more than just the piano going on, but as far as the arrangement goes, it focuses on what it seems to have to. It doesn't try to fit in too many extra instruments or fluff and sticks to what makes it gorgeous. Everything sounds like it has a place, like a cog in a machine. Not bad.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00130 - Final Fantasy VI "Back to Towne (Arranged)"