PRC154 - It's A Me in a Battle (Super Mario RPG)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 154

PRCv6-54

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC153 is over, in a slow-moving round, Bundeslang and NintenJoe64 decided to enter the round, which needed two extensions. The song from Bundeslang was a short one and he didn't spend much time on it.

NintenJoe64 did a good song, it was good enough to win the round. The source, which was really nice, Alex Kid in Miracle World - Title Theme.

NintenJoe64 already submitted his source on Thursday. The source was correct and it's from a well-known game. It's not a title theme this time.

My source is part 1 of the big Smithy battle from Super Mario RPG. Its an awesome and epic source. Its got the drum beat, orchetras/strings, choirs, and nice bass line. It captures that,"i gotta save the world" feel as far as i'm concerned. I really need to play through that game again. I hope this is a popular choice.

PRC154.jpg

Super Mario RPG (SNES) - Big Smithy Battle 1

MIDI

MP3

ThaSauce link

Yes, it's a Me again, it's the eight PRC with a Mario Game as source. This game, which was created in 1996, has a good remix history. Many remixers tried to do at least one remix from this and I believe there are really albums about this game. Super Mario RPG has been remixed on PRC before. In that round, the source was Mushroom Kingdom and Jeremy Robson won that round before Reactor Zer0, Bladiator, Chokster37 and The Orchicalcon. Azar submitted a Bonus Mix in round #15. More information about this round at http://doulifee.com/prc/PrcSong/prc.php?prcid=15

Also at Ocremix some Remixes are up, 12 in total and almost all from a different source. Of course, the Big Smithy Battle isn't one of them.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY October 4th at 3:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

I have some ideas for this...we'll see if I can get around to doing anything past the 30 seconds I just did.

I only just beat Smithy recently (this year), to be honest. The first time around, I didn't prepare very well, and then I didn't have any motivation to try again for...a while.

So the next time, I maxed out my stats and got the lazy shells instead of stupidly selling the fertilizer. Whoo. Happies all around, except for Smithy. He died.

Hmm... This will be difficult to orchestrate, but I am up to a challenge.

I'm due for another SMRPG arrangement anway. The last one I did was years ago and crappy.

I'm working a remix of it myself just for kicks and giggles. then submit it as a bonus remix. :D

I was just checking out Hylian Lemon's remix on thaSauce link and its pretty damn epic.

Here's the voting stage

Two entries where uploaded very fast; Hylian Lemon and the bonus mix from last rounds winner NintenJoe. DZComposer and Gario tried to enter, but they weren't able to get a song in by various circumstances.

Showroom Dummy posted a different song as well. Because we have two songs and nobody else seems work on something I don't think extension will help. This means we have a battle between two remixers who win PRC many times when they enter.

It's time to vote. Participants don't have to vote, but they are allowed. It's not allowed to vote for NintenJoe64s song, becuase that's a Bonus Mix.

As winner from the last PRC, NintenJoe64 has a vote that counts twice.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, October 7th at 1:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC155 which is going to start Friday.

The songs:

Hylian Lemon - Weapons Demonstration

Showroom Dummy - Forging Electrons

Bonus Mix:

NintenJoe64 - Smithy's Going Down

Man, I wish I would have remembered the PRC, a bit sooner then I may have entered. Aw well at least I'm voting. It was a pretty freaking tough decision this time around; I am very enlightened (as usual) by Ben's arrangement and Showroom Dummy did his in a style I happen to love very much. I had to go strategic on this vote, but great job to both entrants.

And awesome bonus mix Joe. I always love hard rock / metal orchestrations that are done well.

Critisism: ...Why not eh?

Ben: You won't get any if you tell me what samples / soundfont you use for your reverse crash cymbal.

Joe: The kick being one velocity the whole song was kinda noticeable, but not enough to take away from the mix.

Showroom Dummy: The last note you ended off with bothered me a lot. :<

Man, I wish I would have remembered the PRC, a bit sooner then I may have entered. Aw well at least I'm voting. It was a pretty freaking tough decision this time around; I am very enlightened (as usual) by Ben's arrangement and Showroom Dummy did his in a style I happen to love very much. I had to go strategic on this vote, but great job to both entrants.

And awesome bonus mix Joe. I always love hard rock / metal orchestrations that are done well.

Critisism: ...Why not eh?

Ben: You won't get any if you tell me what samples / soundfont you use for your reverse crash cymbal.

Joe: The kick being one velocity the whole song was kinda noticeable, but not enough to take away from the mix.

Showroom Dummy: The last note you ended off with bothered me a lot. :<

Remember the rule: Don't give any comments on the songs during the voting stage, put them in your vote. Discussion can be done after the voting deadline, which is now.

It's results time.

No extension this time, three songs (two not bonus mixes) appeared. I'm happy with the number of voters.

Total number of mixes - 3 (1 Bonus Mix)

Total number of votes - 7 (including the double vote from NintenJoe64)

Maximum Score - 19

Minimum Score - 12

NintenJoe64 did a good Bonus Mix. Bonus Mixes have one handicap, they can't receive any points.

Showroom Dummy submitted a really nice mix, all voters liked the song, but still it gets the last (and second) place wooden spoon with 12 points.

And the winner by an unanimous decision is Hylian Lemon with 19 points!

Congratulations Hylian Lemon, everyone voted for you this round (not for the first time). You've won the battle from Showroom Dummy. Showroom Dummy did really good work, almost all voters said it's a hard choice and they liked both songs, but at the end, they all voted for Hylian Lemon.

I didn't edit the scores, because I think 19 - 12 is more representive as 8 - 1.

Hylian Lemon, you may select the next source for PRC155. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, October 9th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

Friday PRC155 starts (almost the last from this season), don't miss it.

Yeah, i know. I use a program called Beatcraft, and for the life of me, can't figure out how to change the velocity. I really want to be able to. I think i should just use a new program entirely. I'm lazy though and Beatcraft is easy to use. :D

And yeah, i kinda wish everyone else had submitted there mixes, or had time to do a mix. :( But that's ok, cause the 2 entries we're still fricken awesome and epic. :D