City Fox: New Jazz/Pop/Classical track

JaredCowing

Hi all, I recently finished a new 6 minute track which spans quite a few styles and tempi in several sections, from jazz to pop to ambient, I imagine a character exploring a city, each street bringing a new feel and color. I thought I'd share the link on this board and see if I can get anyone's feedback on exactly what genre this might fit under. Feedback always welcome!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/275032

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the style you picked and rolled with here; as far as the arrangement goes it's very well done. As far as mastering and quality, it does sound... just a little off. A couple parts I noticed some clipping when instruments got a bit loud. Turning down a few of the high frequencies might be a good idea.

During the end it felt a little crowded probably because all the instruments weren't separated well enough. Play with your EQ a little until everything sounds pretty decently balanced. Some parts with the piano made it sound pretty fake, so I recommend humanizing it a bit, and it doesn't hurt to do it for your electronic instruments as well. Note velocities can give your piece a lot of flavor.

That's all I have to say for now, but keep up the good work, I like your style. If I was part of new grounds I'd give an 8 as it is now.

• 2 weeks later...