OCR01132 - Chrono Trigger "Time Chill"

djpretzel

Fantastic arrangment. the ...Saz? added a new slice to the song. I want to know if the Sax was synthetically created (probable) or if it was recorded. I was Impressed by the addition of the organ, but it did distract from the groove of the song. Very good.

No matter how good it was, it was zeal. A little disheartening. But very good. Glad I have it.

Excellent take on the standard Zeal remix. This mix goes far beyond where others left off. The sax solo and the organ really bring out the laid back mood of this piece. The jazz like feel to this piece really seperates it from other Crono Trigge Remixes. It really breaks the mold. Great Job.

Typically whenever I listen to a Zeal remix I start thinking to myself, "Why has nobody ever remixed the Magus battle music?" Rarely does a zeal remix appeal to me enough to keep from falling into the repedative trap of giving away the entire melody right away and then simply becomming redundant afterwards.

"Time Chill" was a pleasant diviation from the norm as it wasn't unnessesarily short to compensate for a lack of music and to avoid the above mentioned problem. It rather stretched the theme out to just over 3 minutes while still managing to not only keep my attention but struck me as origional and novel (A difficult thing to do with a song that has been remixed so often).

The strengths lie in mv's ability to use fight the common use of techno as a mainstay, but instead use synthetic sounds for an atmospheric effect that provided the background for the string, organ and sax leads that will often provide their own harmony intermingled with their own rendition of the main melody.

A wonderful job and my favorite version of this tune so far.

• 1 month later...

Wow. This is the first OCRemix that I've downloaded (and by no means the last -- I type this as I'm Torrenting :D). And it never ceases to amaze me with its sheer beauty. I can, and have, literally listened to this song all day (more than once). ... of course, the fact that the Zeal tune from CT is my favorite CT tune -- and one of my overall favorite game tunes -- doesn't hurt. :) Call me a plebeian, platitudinous cliché, but I absolutely love all of the Zeal remixes. It is quite clear to me why so many people choose that song.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
It's an O.K. song and all, but there's an abrupt, and i mean ABRUPT, cut to the one song from FF9 at about 3:00. After about a minute of that song, it ABRUPTLY ends...

That's not from FF9, that's the Chrono Trigger main theme at about 2:58. And I'd hardly call it ABRUPT. I thought mv mixed it quite well with the Zeal theme.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is yet another excellently executed mix of the zeal theme, but I feel like all the zeal remixes are starting to sound like the exact same thing but with a slightly different string instrument used for the lead melody. Hopefully the next Zeal remix takes a completely different aproach from what we've heard so far. I think it would be possible to retain the "etheriality" of the song without resorting to the same "smooth jazz" style that 8/10 zeal mixes use. Someone please surprise us next time.

• 11 months later...

I´m just gonna stop trying...

Great work here from mv, a Zeal remix that really get it all going, ya´know!?

Very cool sax at the middle( i believe it´s a sax so just let me believe okay) and a great walkover to Zeal´s final melody at the end.

THIS is the greatest Zeal remix ocremix has and will have. mv rules. 8)

• 1 month later...

Very good jazzy style remix of an old good song. Even if this particular track's been more or less beat to death, I'm still liking this remix. (Yes.. Posting this here mostly because there's gotta be a nice review on the page for a nice song. :) )

Anyway, a few posts ago, I made a serious error:

It's an O.K. song and all, but there's an abrupt, and i mean ABRUPT, cut to the one song from FF9 at about 3:00. After about a minute of that song, it ABRUPTLY ends...

That's not from FF9, that's the Chrono Trigger main theme at about 2:58. And I'd hardly call it ABRUPT. I thought mv mixed it quite well with the Zeal theme.

Having gone through and downloaded all of the 1-1250 remixes offered over bittorrent, I can safely say my problem was similar to that skipping stuff casued by playing while bittorent has half-finished downloads. I have no idea how I ended up getting a bad download of the song, but it's much better now that I've got the right version.

• 1 month later...

Im suprised, some of these mixes are years and years old but not many replies to their mixes here :(

Anyway I joined this Site JUST to say how MUCH I LOVE all these Remixes, I will comment on ALL my favourite mixes! :D

Been listening to this mix almost Every Day for months. I swore to myself I will register to this godblessed website and give my feedback! I love you all! Merry Christmas!!! 8)

beautiful work mv - I love you and merry xmas :wink:

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

o_o

According to the write up the lead string is called a "Saz", and it frightens me a bit.

For the most part I like this mix, it has an energetic groove balancing out a mellow smoothness reminiscent of jazz. It also has a nice breezy/airy aspect to it making it feel whimsical. This mix just seems to say "Slow down, chill, and get reenergized."

All in all, very solid mix.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01132 - Chrono Trigger "Time Chill"