SUPER Street Fighter IV

Schwaltzvald

I have one complaint!

...I don't like the font they used for the word "Super"...

:-P

(No but seriously it doesn't mesh very well at all)

Also I think they'd probably release the game at a $29.99 to a $39.99 price point with the former being less likely. That seems to be what companies translate as budget these days. I dunno.

I DO know that I clocked in about 60 hours of Street Fighter IV in February ALONE, so I'm quite looking forward to my eventual Super Street Fighter IV Turbo: Hyper Fighting Edition thankyouverymuch.

Don't recall this having been posted yet, so here:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1227966_1124.html

Famitsu interview with Yoshinori Ono about SSFIV. This is where the confirmation about Dee Jay making it in came from, if you were wondering. Nice pictures of all three, including a single promo shot and 18 pics of the character in action, just like they did for the originals when SFIV info was first dropping.

There's also some other interesting bits and pieces in this interview, like how Ono considers Juri's playstyle to be something of a Feilong-like Viper, how she was actually added to the game due to Korean fan petitions who complained that Tekken and KoF had Korean characters but Street Fighter still doesn't, how the Ultra Combo system will see a few changes, and why they skipped Dash/Championship Mode and Turbo for the naming and went straight to Super (mainly because Dash was just a rebalance fix and Turbo was just a speed fix; they wanted to give that same "loads of new content" mentality Super SFII had with its addition of new characters).

Yeah, i couldn't ready any of that. I just enjoyed the pretty pictures.

It always came off as weird to me that there wasn't a TKD fighter in Street Fighter while it is an Olympic Sport, and many other fighting games have encorperated the sport for years. I'm pretty happy SF finally has one, and although i like the character, i just wished it was a guy. ;)

• 3 months later...
I read somewhere that they'll be adding some kind of new Arab grappler character as well.

Oh no.

Could it be?

abdul.jpg

I'M DE HEEROOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, Darun Mister from the EX series might fit the bill there. However, to the best of my knowledge, those characters were created by Arika and Capcom doesn't have the rights to them. If they do, I say to hell with Darun; bring back Garuda. And SKULLOMANIAAAAAA.

Oh no.

Could it be?

abdul.jpg

I'M DE HEEROOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, Darun Mister from the EX series might fit the bill there. However, to the best of my knowledge, those characters were created by Arika and Capcom doesn't have the rights to them. If they do, I say to hell with Darun; bring back Garuda. And SKULLOMANIAAAAAA.

Oh, man I miss my ex characters. Freaking Cracker Jack and his baseball bat of justice. I agree with you about bringing back Skullo. I'm just imagining how amazing he would look rendered in hd. I think he would fit in fairly well with the rest of the cast, too.