What completely random things remind you of video games?

The Derrit

Welch's White Grape Cherry juice reminds me of Paper Mario The Thousand Year door. When I was playing through it again (out of nostalgia) I drank it a bunch and now whenever I have some, it reminds me of the game.

Also, the album Hello Nasty reminds me of Link's Awakening.

Anyone else have things like these?

While playing FF8 the summer of my freshman year in high school I listened to nothing but A Perfect Circle's Mer de Noms and talked to a girl on the phone. Same thing with Xenogears, except with RHCP's Californication.

Churches remind me of Lufia 2, Harvest Moon, and Zelda 3 depending on the style.

I associate New Order's Best Of album, but especially Bizarre Love Triangle, with Super Mario Kart. I played that game a ton, and at the time, that album was one of maybe 3 CDs I owned (back in the days when people were switching from cassette tapes to CDs), so I listened to it all the time, including while playing Super Mario Kart. Ahh the good old days... now I'm all nostalgic ^_^

The first time I played Metroid Zero Mission was after my wisdom teeth removal, and I beat the game several times in the following days. Now sometimes dental hygiene reminds me of Zero Mission out of the blue.

And yep, music.

There's a Nirvana songs and a Prodigy song that remind me of Super Metroid.

There's a techno-y song that reminds me of the final space-themed race against Wizpig in Diddy Kong Racing (what an AWESOME race!)

And a Chemical Brothers song reminds me of the Aztec level in Goldeneye.

There are other non-musical things like this for me, but I can't remember any off the top of my head. I was just thinking about this very topic yesterday, when something (which I can't now recall) suddenly reminded me of Warcraft 3.

Whenever I see turtles swimming anywhere... I think of how in the original TMNT NES game they couldn't swim... you would die if you dared to touch the water. Makes no sense.

I also knew this guy named Cecil in high school. I mentioned the Final Fantasy IV game to him and he had no clue what it was. Such a pity, I thought.

The word "remote" also reminds me of Final Fantasy IX.

The song "I'll Be The One" by the Backstreet Boys reminds me of the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Nintendo had this whole campaign behind Majora's Mask, and it revolved around "The One" stopping the moon from falling, and the song came out around that time, too. The early autumn (i.e. this time of year) reminds me of the game, as well.

Also, if I'm driving (or riding) through the mountains and it's raining heavily, it reminds me of Advance Wars. When I was playing the training level concerning weather conditions, it was when I was in the car and it was misty and stormy all around us.

For the musically-inclined among us (I'm sure there's one or two), when it's freezing cold, I think of either the overworld music for 600 A.D. in Chrono Trigger or the Frozen Forest (Ice Country) music from Secret of Mana. Somehow, it makes walking in really uncomfortable temperatures a little bit more epic. It'd be cool if I could have actually listened to songs like that during my icy winter school days.

Remix ideas, hint hint.

Dripping water sometimes reminds me of Majora's Mask. I THINK there was a dripping water sound underground on the way to the astronomy tower but I'm not even sure.

Freebird, Another Brick On The Wall pt. 2, and Damage Inc. all remind me of Smash Brothers, among several other songs I listened to while playing that game endlessly.

Riding in a car at dusk tends to make me think of Oracle of Ages. Back in the days of the Game Boy Color, I was desperately trying to beat Mermaid's Cave on the way home in the dark. Vire kicked my ass because I couldn't see him.

Dripping ceiling pipes always remind me of Kirby's Adventure. That was the first game I ever beat, and it was on my grandma's rocking chair in her basement. Every once in a while, the pipes would suddenly drip on my cousins and me. We refused to move, because it was the perfect distance from the tv. So we just played while getting dripped on.

when it's freezing cold, I think of either the overworld music for 600 A.D. in Chrono Trigger // Somehow, it makes walking in really uncomfortable temperatures a little bit more epic.

I totally agree with this one. It's good music when it's snowing and you're watching it fall, as well.

Personally, any time I listen to 311's From Chaos album, and Depeche Mode's Exciter, I'm reminded of playing Everquest, specifically the summer I spent playing it in 2001.

Velious = Amber. Nuff said haha. Befallen = Dream On.

Weird, I know... :)