Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene Remix

mrrk

Ok, so the first issue is balancing. Obviously you're not working with the greatest of samples, but when the strings came in, they practically covered up everything except the very lows of the bass and the very highs of the piano. Work on finding a balance between all of the instruments so everyone can be heard.

Second thing is arrangement. You've pretty much got the original repeated twice. Now, if that's what you were going for, then ok then. But, since you are posting it here on OCR, I would assume you are aiming to get it on the site. That will just not fly with the judges. Add in some of your own ideas, and have some fun with it (just don't keep the same A-A'-B form and add new melodies over it cuz I did the same thing with this song once and I got rejected by the panel).

Some more elbow grease is needed, but if you take the right steps this could be really awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you want it to jump right in? I think it would work really nicely with some kind of intro. Or perhaps you may want to just start a little slow and then speed the tempo up to what you have now.

I'm not sure if its just me or not, but it sounds kind of muddy. Melody is nice as it is like the original. Maybe you can add some of your own stuff, make it more unique =]

I listened to this version...

To be honest, my previous post still reflects my opinion. You really haven't done much in terms of arrangement, although I can hear a difference in the balance. But the balance is still over-powered by the strings, and I think there was some clipping throughout the tune.

However, if you're finished with it, so be it. I've been that way too with a couple of my arrangements.