OCR01911 - Final Fantasy IV "Step Into the Light"

djpretzel

It's weird to me. Like many other pieces on the Echoes album, I wasn't a big fan of it at first. But once I listened to it through a few times, I started to like it, and I really think it's cool how you managed to take the mysterious and wondrous source and made it something uplifting. It's like Cecil's transformation from dark knight to paladin.

This came from free stuff? No way.. proof, or it never happened, lol.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback guys, I really appreciate it. To clarify a bit, this song was completed quite a while ago (submitted Dec '07) when I used a setup with only free samples. Since then I have purchased some premium libraries.

I was honestly a bit nervous about keeping this song on the album in its current form since it is almost two years old and I feel like I've progressed quite a bit since then. So I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, despite its age.

This came from free stuff? No way.. proof, or it never happened, lol.

Hah, well, if you're an FL user, you can grab the soundfonts and project I used as a template for creating this song and several others. Get it in this thread.

I loved this mix from the project - in addition to the contrast with the original song with the song title and the instrumentation in bringing out the impression of going into the light, it just was done really well overall. The vision is unmistakenly clear with the obvious contrast in the titling, which probably makes it more accessible to people.

Overall just a great job orchestrating here by Nutritious!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Grand orchestral instruments, check. Wonderful playing, check. Terrific arrangement, check. Instant love and download, check check check check check! Also, all kidding aside, nice to hear a lighter melodic version of the dungeon themes.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01911 - Final Fantasy IV "Step Into the Light"