DVD Menu Audio

XZero

Hi everyone, here's hoping someone can help.

Put simply, I want to rip about 15 tracks from a number of DBZ Single DVDs' menus (they contain unreleased dub music).

I am apparently very incompetent when it comes to this because I've been at it for hours and cannot do it correctly. I've been trying to rip AC3 files and convert them using Quickmediaconverter, but this has not worked so well thus far.

In short, can anyone recommend either (a) freeware that simply allows me to choose the menu and rip it directly to .mp3 or .wav, or (B) a way to record menu music using something like Audacity or Sound Recorder, but without buying anything external?

Thank you!

I'm told using http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PgcDemux and following these instructions work.

To demux menu audio with PGCDemux from a DVD on your HDD:

a)if you want it from top menu (VIDEO_TS.VOB), open VIDEO_TS.IFO file,

b)if that menu is in a VTS (e.g. VTS_01_0.VOB), open the corresponding VTS_01_0 file.

Select 'menu' domain in checkbox, select PGC for that menu page by its time duration. 'Demux all audio tracks' is on by default, uncheck unwanted subpicture streams etc., select output folder and process.

I've used DVD Decrypter (I'm not going to provide a link, you'll have to look for it yourself) to accomplish that in the past. Use IFO mode, find the clip you want in the Input tab, and use the stream processing tab to isolate the audio (select only the relevant audio tracks, and use the demux option.) (I don't have access to the program right now, so I might be missing a step or two...)

If everything goes smoothly, you should be left with either a plain wave file or a Dolby Digital AC3 file, depending on the audio format used on the DVD. If it's a wave file, you're pretty well good to go. If it's an AC3 file, use something like AC3Filter or HeadAC3he to convert it into a wave or MP3.