FAC - RESULTS ARE IN!!! Fan Art Competition 29: WTF

bonzai!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet participated in any of the FACs, but I had been planning to do one eventually. I actually think the handprint thing sounds really fun, and will def require some creativity. So I will try to come up with something this month!

Since I'm a newcomer here I don't know how relevant my input is, but here goes:

I do the one hour compo competition every week, and I think it's been pretty successful in that we see a fair amount of turnout, and people seem to get something accomplished in the hour, plus we give each other feedback in the listening party. I wonder if some of these things could be applied to the FAC? Like you could have a IRC viewing party. And the thing about doing something in an hour is that it gives you a specific time that you need to get it done, and forces you not to procrastinate. (Music is different from art so that amount of time may need to be adjusted, but the basic principle can still be applied.)

Not sure if that is at all helpful but yeah, just my 2 cents.

I haven't yet participated in any of the FACs, but I had been planning to do one eventually. I actually think the handprint thing sounds really fun, and will def require some creativity. So I will try to come up with something this month!

Since I'm a newcomer here I don't know how relevant my input is, but here goes:

I do the one hour compo competition every week, and I think it's been pretty successful in that we see a fair amount of turnout, and people seem to get something accomplished in the hour, plus we give each other feedback in the listening party. I wonder if some of these things could be applied to the FAC? Like you could have a IRC viewing party. And the thing about doing something in an hour is that it gives you a specific time that you need to get it done, and forces you not to procrastinate. (Music is different from art so that amount of time may need to be adjusted, but the basic principle can still be applied.)

Not sure if that is at all helpful but yeah, just my 2 cents.

I like the idea of a one hour competition, that's intense :D I don't know if anyone here's heard of the 24 Hour Comic Day, but I've always been interested in what you could produce with crazy restrictions like that. I wouldn't know the best way of implementing this idea though...

• Have it as the theme for a month, and do it every week?
  • Do it in addition to the regular competition, as a way to break up the month?
  • Switch over entirely from a month long period to a shorter time period?

As far as the IRC viewing session, I haven't touched mIRC since I installed it, so I wouldn't really know what to do with that.

Um, thoughts?

As far as the IRC viewing session, I haven't touched mIRC since I installed it, so I wouldn't really know what to do with that.

Um, thoughts?

Create a #ocrfac channel?

And yes I heard recently about the 24h comic day, found the concept interesting. While 1h might discourage a lot of people (not counting all the scanner problems and such) I think 1 day would make things very interesting. Or at least start with the 1 week thing.

I like the idea of a one hour competition, that's intense :D I don't know if anyone here's heard of the 24 Hour Comic Day, but I've always been interested in what you could produce with crazy restrictions like that. I wouldn't know the best way of implementing this idea though...

• Have it as the theme for a month, and do it every week?
  • Do it in addition to the regular competition, as a way to break up the month?
  • Switch over entirely from a month long period to a shorter time period?

Um, thoughts?

Yay 24-hour comic! (I'm a fan of Scott McCloud <3) I actually recently did the 24-hour sketchbook with a friend, which was a spinoff idea where you fill a sketchbook of at least 100 pages in 24 hours. I guess I've always been a fan of the intense super-creative-output-in-short-deadline challenges, like NaNoWriMo (write a 50,000-word novel in a month), etc.

I do think those kind of challenges are different in nature than the ones where you have a lot of time and can really polish off a piece. So you may want to try out running one separately to see how it turns out. In other words among your 3 choices I personally like the middle one. ^_^

As for the IRC, like vilecat previously said, you could start a new IRC channel. OCR's IRC channel is on the server irc.enterthegame.com, so people might already be signed in there, just have to make a new channel for the FAC.

To be honest, I'd rather see just a cat photo, or just a dancing anime girl gif. Or even a dancing anime cat or a girl photo gif. Heck, I'd even prefer a dancing cat photo gif with the face of an anime girl. You've got a lot of options there Vilecat... holy crap I just now noticed the extent to which your sig matches your name :nicework:

about an hour left until the deadline! thanks to those of you who've already submitted :)

oh, and yes your entry made it, furious fure :)

EDIT:

that's it!

Edited the first post with the entries. LURVE.

PM your votes (top 3 picks!) to me by THURSDAY OCTOBER 29TH.