VGMix Revival

Latency

tumult made me a deal last year: He is now a professional web developer with bleeding edge skills, who has already seen several commercial projects through to completion. He was concerned that I was pretty much going to die in the next 5 years, and then VGMix would NEVER happen. So, if I could lose 5 pounds a month by next Magfest, development was on like a tauntaun. Here I am, 65 pounds lighter.

holy SHIT. i can't wait to see you at mag, man. you're going to be more sveldt than i am!

i would be pumped as hell to have vgmix back. i wasn't much into the forums, as i said before, but it'd be awesome to have the wip management and review structure back.

OH YEAH! Also, last weekend, I backed up the entire VGMix2 /songs/ directory (21 gigabytes) to a flash drive and two external hard drives for good measure. As soon as I have time to organize the collection into reasonable chunks, I'm going to release it as a torrent, unless anyone objects.

I will seed these so hard.

Good to hear from you, Jake.

OH YEAH! Also, last weekend, I backed up the entire VGMix2 /songs/ directory (21 gigabytes) to a flash drive and two external hard drives for good measure. As soon as I have time to organize the collection into reasonable chunks, I'm going to release it as a torrent, unless anyone objects.

I know I have a couple of songs that I would love to never see that light of day again, and I would appreciate if, at some point, you could fulfill this hope.

Do we really need yet another electronic artist?

The two aren't even remotely analogous. We already have Remix.kwed, RTS, OCR, VGmix X and remixSite. It's not unreasonable to say that these cover pretty much any possible way of hosting remixes that you could think of. It's not like there are that many possible ways you can post music on a website.

On the other hand, I like what Jake is describing, which isn't just another remix website, but rather functionality specific to WIPs, project management, etc. Of course I'd like to see that stuff on OCR too :)

Twenty one? (21)?!?!!

That's...a lot!

Hurray, and Merry Christmas! I just got my present; VGMix2 torrent! Err, at least I will when and if it comes up. And yes: I shall seed it too.

And Jake: congratulations on the weight loss. That's impressive, and I wish I had that kind of will power. I look forward to what comes of this.

The two aren't even remotely analogous. We already have Remix.kwed, RTS, OCR, VGmix X and remixSite. It's not unreasonable to say that these cover pretty much any possible way of hosting remixes that you could think of. It's not like there are that many possible ways you can post music on a website.

You forgot OLR.

Also, people care about remixSite?

OH GOD! You're going to release all my old remixes back into the wild from when I was still an UBERn00b! Actually I think this is amazing that I'll be able to get all the songs I felt at home around when I first got started. Thanks so much for the response, virt. Great to hear about your weight loss (you beat me by five pounds lost, now I'm burning to catch up to you!), and that you're getting settled with all your new life-stuff. Definitely looking forward to whatever you're going to bring out, bro, and I'm looking forward to sharing a beer with you in just a few weeks.

OH GOD! You're going to release all my old remixes back into the wild from when I was still an UBERn00b! Actually I think this is amazing that I'll be able to get all the songs I felt at home around when I first got started. Thanks so much for the response, virt.

I feel almost in the same boat. However in my case, I found a band that wants to have me in their studio for some of their rock/rap works. No word of a lie. So hopefully we can have v2 of Dyna-Raps and Novel Sound ft. Flea Market Creep by mid-2010 to replace my crappy home demo mixes. Hate not included as a man can change a lot over the years.

EDIT: And if you don't believe me, check my sig, you'll hear the lastest stuff I got on the unsigned site.

Much love,

Double A

VERY nice. It's surprising how just a few paragraphs from the big-man himself can re-invigorate the hope that VGMix will actually return to the limelight. Thanks for the news, Jake.

Well I'd say it's pretty common knowledge that we all have big rubbery man crushes on him.

His charisma acknowledges no boundary.

Wow, calling him the "big" man right after he worked so hard to lose all that weight.

Tactless. So tactless. :|

You're a jerk, but honestly I would have said the same thing if I saw it first.

He's got a BIG heart, but I bet his hugs aren't any less epic. He kinda is starting to look a little like Yahtzee now that he's lost all that weight. GO JAKE GO, be the svelte, young king of town, my friend.

It's hard to imagine all the gems (and all the utter crap) that is going to be in that VGMix torrent...

We already have Remix.kwed, RTS, OCR, VGmix X and remixSite. It's not unreasonable to say that these cover pretty much any possible way of hosting remixes that you could think of. It's not like there are that many possible ways you can post music on a website.

i dont think it matters how you get your music posted, but where

OCR is great, but most are looking at at least an eight month wait

remix.kwed is geared towards a specific platform that a lot of people around here have zero interest in

VGMix X is completely fucked

remixSite is (let's admit it) less than stellar

and unfortunately even R:TS seems slow and seldom-trafficked these days

people want instant gratification and you don't get it at any of these places. at VGMix2, you did.

just sayin..

remix.kwed is geared towards a specific platform that a lot of people around here have zero interest in

people want instant gratification and you don't get it at any of these places. at VGMix2, you did.

just sayin..

This man speaks truth (and makes good music)!

just sayin..

I'm pretty sure that zircon wasn't saying a new VGMix is a bad idea. :roll: