*NO* Doom 'Phobos Modulus'

djpretzel

email: the_orichalcon@hotmail.com

site: www.orichalcon.co.nr

Game: Doom

Original Song: E1M7 - Demons on the Prey

Description: This is a groove version ofthe E1M7 music from doom (in the computer station.) I used some ambience at the beginning to work its way in and then built the song up. I even added some voice samples. Enjoy

I'm totally diggin' this one. Nice groove throughout, and the ambient sounds really add to the atmosphere. This is great chill music, with really dark qualities. There's a pulse to it that I really like.

No technical issues, aside from maybe a bit too much reverb. There are parts where I feel like the song's going to start clipping, but it doesn't. Cool.

I enjoyed this. YES

• 2 weeks later...

Music, being an abstract art, is rather well-suited to conveying the nebulous and intangible concepts of psyche and emotion. And this mix successfully draws on those unique characteristics of music to capture the darker affections and lure the listener in to its little Orphean nightmare.

A pensive expression of the "creeping and encroaching evil."

YES

This is borderline, but enough of an evolution as far as arrangement goes for me. I can't say the original was too pleasing. What makes this mix stand out for me is how the mixer took those elements and created one thick, organic mix out of it. The density here is pristine and enveloping. Drums are slightly repetitive, loopish, but I think it fits the mix.

Moody.

YES

• 2 weeks later...