Epic Mickey

Schwaltzvald

So when we talk supposed obscure characters getting revenge on Mickey, are we referring to villains or anyone?

Because personally, I could see some extremely nasty versions of Percival McCleach from The Rescuers Down Under and The Horned King from The Black Cauldron.

Seriously, the latter baddie is probably one of the most under-appreciated and scarier Disney characters ever conceived. Putting him in this would just be downright diabolical.

Japan better not touch this.

Bad news: new concept art shows a spikey-haired protagonist with giant shoes fighting JRPG battles with a gigantic key.

Because personally, I could see some extremely nasty versions of Percival McCleach from The Rescuers Down Under and The Horned King from The Black Cauldron.

Holy hell McCleach had better be in this o_O That thing he drove was badass enough... I can see that guy piloting (or merged with) a giant hideous mech of some sort =D

Everything I've seen thus far leads me to believe this will be complete wretched kickassness. With the prefect balancing done against all things right and good, a la disney. If the powers that be pull this off without betraying the concept, this should be game worth every minute of playtime.

I'm to assume no one else entered with the expectation of finding a new debilitating drug?

I'm betting that the main antagonist will be Oswald The Lucky Rabbit, going by this picture.

Considering the following on the same page,

When the character’s future is determined, they are planning a big splash.

Oh boy this ought to be interesting, however I have doubts of Oswald being the antagonist. Oswald's more like a long lost brother to Mickey considering who created them, and the change of hands Oswald went through before ultimately returning to Disney. Had he stayed under Walt I can see the possibility that there would be, in this case, a one-sided rivalry as you'd never see that from Mickey; at least perhaps not explicitly.

But then I suppose if he is the one behind it all,

:lol:

It might not have been Mickey who screwed him out of stardome, however, he's obscure and was completely overshadowed by Mickey Mouse. What else would he need to motivate him for revenge? Given Warren Specter's love for the Disney history, I can really see this happening. Who else could they do? Pete? Malificent? All that shit's been done (and beaten like a dead horse) in Kingdom Hearts.

I just thought of another one. They could put Frollo in their and make him some sort of maniacal scientist dabbling in the occult. Theories aside however, I don't see how they could pull him off sans the late Tony Jay.

Umm and while I know Chernabog was in Kingdom Hearts, his part was so miniscule, he almost NEEDS to be in this thing. Giant, steam-driven bio-mech version of Chernabog could actually be pretty unsettling.

...On another slightly different note, if the concept art shows Goofy all mechanized, I'm predicting all sorts of nasty for Mr. Donald...

It might not have been Mickey who screwed him out of stardome, however, he's obscure and was completely overshadowed by Mickey Mouse. What else would he need to motivate him for revenge? Given Warren Specter's love for the Disney history, I can really see this happening. Who else could they do? Pete? Malificent? All that shit's been done (and beaten like a dead horse) in Kingdom Hearts.

I suppose you make a solid point there.

• 1 month later...