Sonic 3 Lava Reef Zone

noTuX

I don't really dig the piano that starts at 1:52. It sounds like it's being played in a small room, when everything else is played in a cave, and it's really bright. All the other solo's fit well with each other though. I hear the source in the background pattern, so that's good.

bass = soooooooo good on my speakers

man, I love the vibe, but 1:52 is the first time I hear the source. Unless you intended that. The only other real connection is the chord progression to a degree.

This is hot (lol) man, look forward to more.

I can pick out the source from almost the first notes. It's not literal, but it's definitely there.

I like everything up to the intro of the synth at 1:08. It's a bit too loud and high-pitched for the rest of the song. Let the guitar(?) playing along with it up til 1:52 occupy the high ground.

I like the idea of the piano at 1:53, but the arrangement has a couple aberrations. It sounds like an offkey note got hit around 2:04 or something, almost like two keys hit at once when only one should have been. It's too fast for me to really discern what's going on, but something sounds off.

If anything, I'd say relegate the piano to a smaller role. It's a chill remix, you really don't need to have any complexity there so long as the melody is nice. When it started up it actually reminded me of the piano arrangement of Kingdom Heart's Simple and Clean. I was HOPING it'd go in that direction actually. Have the piano be an uplifting part, going against the grain rather than blending in, some contrast.

The criticisms levied here are offered with the caveat that everything not mentioned was really tight. Atmosphere is outstanding.