Release: Megaman album by ilp0

ilp0

http://sites.google.com/site/megamanremixalbum/

So here's my latest video game remixing work: 10 track / 38 minutes remix album covering the whole soundtrack of the original Mega Man (NES -87). Style is somewhat progressive rock with some heavier stuff and few ballads.

All the tracks were arranged and implemented simultaneously as I wanted to do a solid album that flows smoothly from one track to another.. like one very long medley covering the whole OST.. or a theme album

I will be submitting some of these tracks here in OCR but some of the tracks won't quite fit in here and some require editing and cropping before they can be submitted so the album "as it is" will never be on OCR...

All yours! Please comment if you like or dislike...

Thanks Abadoss-man and other people too :)

I'm probably going to submit tracks 3 (cutman), 6 (fireman), 7 (elecman) and 10 (ending). Those are IMO the best tracks on the album. After taking a little break from project and listening with fresh ears I've come to notice that the first two tracks sound a bit weird and won't probably get submitted. Track 5 is too long, I might submit a shorter version maybe and tracks 8 and 9 are basicly one remix and I wouldn't like to separate 'em.

Funny that you mentioned Godspeed you black emperor band, I'm so much loving their albums although I didn't think the influence could be heard in my remixes. If I could, I'd like to remixes with that last 20 minutes just building up on a simple relaxed theme with lots of instruments and church acoustics... Goosebumps

I've been enjoying this album, it's making me a fan of one of the Mega Man soundtracks I was previously not as interested in (let's face it, Mega Man 1 just isn't as fun as most of the other games, at least for me). Consistent style throughout, love the guitar work, especially in "Journey Through the Skull Fortress."

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some of this on the front page soon, whether it be in edited form or what.

Funny that you mentioned Godspeed you black emperor band, I'm so much loving their albums although I didn't think the influence could be heard in my remixes. If I could, I'd like to remixes with that last 20 minutes just building up on a simple relaxed theme with lots of instruments and church acoustics... Goosebumps

The influence can absolutely be heard starting in little bits around 2:10 on Dr. Wily and then blasting all-ahead forward with plucked menace around 2:28 with the soundscape loaded with some dark chords and isolated kicks so beautifully. This song tells me that if Mega Man had zombies, Danny Boyle would have filmed it and you would have helmed the soundtrack.

• 1 month later...