Sonic 1 (Game Gear) Remix - Building The Bridge

Constromlie

If it's not apparent by now, I'm a hardcore oldskool Sonic fan. Anyway, this remix is NOT so hardcore, but in fact kinda cute sounding. Then again what was the bridge theme anyway?

Well, I had a concept here of "building" a bridge theme (please excuse how corny that was) up until the end. Ironically enough, shortly after starting on this, I found out that a fellow youtuber had one titled "Bridge Under Construction". I lol'd at that, especially after hearing just how different his remix was.

As for my remix, I'm not nearly done... I don't think I am... what's this, my third project? I better slow down a bit! Lawl I guess I don't have a time limit here, but it's good to have one thing at a time, build slowly... am I missing something? Oh, right, the MP3. Thanks in advance for constructive feedback! :D

Hey always nice to hear an attempt at a remix of the 8-bit Sonic game. It was my first Sonic, so it always holds a special place in my heart. I think you have a good start here, but that's all it is, a start. You really need to build on it more, and add your own flavor to it. As it is this is just the basic theme from the Bridge Zone looped over and over again, and all it's doing is bringing back the frustrating memories of act 2 where you have to go as slowly as the moving camera (always hated those stages in platformers, it especially made no sense in a Sonic game where you were supposed to go fast!)

Anyway, like I said, it's a nice start, but it needs a lot more before you're done with it. Good job so far!

Hey always nice to hear an attempt at a remix of the 8-bit Sonic game. It was my first Sonic, so it always holds a special place in my heart. I think you have a good start here, but that's all it is, a start. You really need to build on it more, and add your own flavor to it. As it is this is just the basic theme from the Bridge Zone looped over and over again, and all it's doing is bringing back the frustrating memories of act 2 where you have to go as slowly as the moving camera (always hated those stages in platformers, it especially made no sense in a Sonic game where you were supposed to go fast!)

Anyway, like I said, it's a nice start, but it needs a lot more before you're done with it. Good job so far!

Yes, exactly what I thought of it, is that it is a great start. So, are you suggesting after what I have here so far, that I extend it and do away with the melody a bit and mess around a bit? You know, deviate in such a manner that many mixes on this site do. I really don't know where to go at this time, but I tend to work on a remix only when I get a sudden idea with which I can experiment. :)

and jajaja I thought the same thing of that second act, but still I absolutely love the music, and apparently it seems tha possibly Janet Jackson did as well (ever heard "Together Again"?). Really, I thought of this music when I heard JJ's song, which came out years after this game was released.

Wow, I'm getting of topic >___>

Anyway, as I said before, what to do next is still unknown, but thanks for the advice! My style, though, is almost always happy and upbeat (except if it's a metal mix lawl). Always appreciate help from the OCR community =D

Well I'm not sure what you could do with it exactly, unfortunately I'm no remixer tho I've tried in the past. I do know that part of the submission guidelines is that you need to somehow make it your own, you can have the theme in there, but you have to write your own parts to it too otherwise all you're doing is changing the instruments and adding a drum line. You have to add a bridge (no pun intended) that fits in with the structure of the song.

Well I'm not sure what you could do with it exactly, unfortunately I'm no remixer tho I've tried in the past. I do know that part of the submission guidelines is that you need to somehow make it your own, you can have the theme in there, but you have to write your own parts to it too otherwise all you're doing is changing the instruments and adding a drum line. You have to add a bridge (no pun intended) that fits in with the structure of the song.

I don't know where to go either ( did I say that already?). I was thinking of going even further as to possibly emulate the style of a song/artist with each of my remixes. Because it makes sense, I would actually try to emulate the style of the song I think I mentioned before that sounds like this (Janet Jackson - "Together Again") Maybe make it even more "believable" that her song was based from this...

Not just fellow youtuber but fellow OCremixer too, lol. Nice to see (or rather hear) another Bridge Zone remix here, it's one of the nice classic Sonic tunes that rarely gets remixed.

Sounds like you have the base that you can build on (lol) to have a neat remix in the end. Dunno where you exactly wanna go with it, but I like the idea of making it cute sounding. :P My aim with mine was to make it sound happy, playful and more or less fast.

I wonder which one us will be ready first, since I've been working on mine for more than a year, on and off. XD

Wow, a year, and I thought it was you. I remember you mentioning trying to get on OCR with that mix, which I say was rather nice to me. I would really love to hear something from 8 bit Sonic rocked out :D

Aside from that, I really have no idea where to go with this, as I mentioned just above the quote of your reply ( I am avoiding a double post here, since I got two consecutive replies). Meh, I tend to not really work on something unless and idea comes, well, naturally. Just, you know, seemingly out of nowhere. That's really the best way to work on stuff IMO. As for how long I've been remixing, honestly, it's only been a couple of months, if that. I've really just been messing with stuff, more experimental than anything else. I actually just the other day figured out how to adjust MIDI tracks on the program I use (MixCraft), so finally I can do my own sections of original stuff without the use of FL. FL is a pain in the rear to compose notes with IMO. Besides, I only have the demo :P

I really can't say who will be first, but technically that's like the second version I made. The only difference is that the second has two more loops of the melody and also contains brass and a bit of percussion (toward the end) that the first didn't. Also, thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the cute sounding idea. =D Well, actually, my friend D would like it, too, but he's not a Sonic fan :P