Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

Max Submission Size Raised to 8MiB

Also any changes would be noted in the Changelog.

It's not just for removals, folks!

Not all previous changes have been noted, though. I know that OCR01489 was replaced with a new remixed & remastered version several months after it was originally posted, yet there's no mention of it in the changelog.

8 Men in Black? What is this MiB you speak of?

The historical binary interpretation of mega is still in wide use by the consumer software industry and use of the mebi prefix is still not common.

Sorry, you gave me a bit of a nerd seizure and I couldn't help it...

It's just to be specific, I guess.

It does give us 192 more KiB to work with (than a strict 8 thousand), and nobody has to fret about being a few blocks over 8000K. :D

8MiB: 8 388 608 B

8MB: 8 000 000 B

I like having almost 400K more to work with. :D

Not all previous changes have been noted, though. I know that OCR01489 was replaced with a new remixed & remastered version several months after it was originally posted, yet there's no mention of it in the changelog.

Oooo, thanks. I had no idea about this. Awesome news on the 2MB filesize increase, too.

But, DarkeSword... you say that the Changelog is not just for removals, but removals are all that I see there?

Oooo, thanks. I had no idea about this. Awesome news on the 2MB filesize increase, too.

But, DarkeSword... you say that the Changelog is not just for removals, but removals are all that I see there?

Because nothing else really gets changed. :|

Does this mean the minimum length required for a song to pass (no matter how good it is) has been increased as well? The shortest mix on the site, afaik, is 0:47, and I doubt anything 2:00 would suffice these days. Is there a hard minimum length?

Does this mean the minimum length required for a song to pass (no matter how good it is) has been increased as well? The shortest mix on the site, afaik, is 0:47, and I doubt anything 2:00 would suffice these days. Is there a hard minimum length?

Nope, still no minimum length. If a song can be sufficiently developed and interpretive under 2 minutes, we'll take it. It would be rare, but possible.