itt does Wacky give too much credit to Songwriters?

Wacky

I am listening to a song by David Guetta known rather nicely as "Sexy Bitch."

Anyways here are the lyrics to the chorus.

"The way that booty moving i can't take no more

I have to stop what i'm doing so i can put on my clothes

I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl

Without being disrespectful

Damn girl

She's a sexy bitch, a sexy bitch, a sexy bitch

damn girl"

The Girl is also listening. I laugh.

"What's so funny?" she asks.

"The deliberate irony of a misogynistic tool trying to find a respectful way to praise a woman as more than a sex object, and his best attempt is not only misogynistic but profane? That's gotta be deliberate."

She does not smile. "Considering the way the song sounds... I am pretty sure that firstly, most of the idiots in this world will not get that, and secondly, I'm not sure he IS being deliberately ironic."

Is he? And if not- WHY THE HELL ARE 12 YEAR OLD BOYS LISTENING TO THIS SHIT???

how can you attribute that to a 'songwriter'

it's not a song

it's something an idiot came up with who thought it was a song, and a bunch of other idiots thought it was a song too. therefore, it is butt.

let's talk about our qualms with somewhat more legitimate songwriters... i have a problem with the fact that mason williams never put words to classical gas! it's so epic!

• 11 months later...

To support my original hypothesis that the song "Sexy Bitch" contains hidden depths...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-c7vK58VPg

NOW my original analysis of a person who's so sad and lonely he or she can barely think to describe a person other than as some sexual fantasy even while trying to fight the urge fits.

And holy shit now it's a good song.

DAVID GUETTA YOU'VE FOOLED US ALL AND I HATE YOU WITH THE POWER OF A THOUSAND SUNS

• 7 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUm3TFnhtk

I believe Ms. Perry writes her own songs?

I have to say she has sufficient skill to come up with some generally aesthetically pleasing lyrics (As in, they fit her singing in how they sound, on pure aural grounds.)

She has some really good songs (Teenage Dream is one of the best songs I have heard about the flash in the pan that is your youth and innocence, by a person who's IN tat flash in pan.) It's a sad song because it's meant to be.

But yeah, the linked song... she's not even trying. It's like she's going to the censors and saying FUCK YOU