Official & Unofficial Arrangement Projects (Tracking)

Bahamut

Stevo Hijack:

Listed here is information regarding all albums/projects actively recruiting members. It includes albums/projects that have attained OCR-official status, as well as those which have not. Please keep in mind the guidelines for project acceptance by OCR, found here: Project Guidelines

And please, folks. Don't hesitate to submit for official OCR approval once you feel like you've gotten your project to a point where you can demonstrate the quality of the album and can basically assure completion of the project.

Theory of N Hijack:

I'll be keeping this list up to date from here on out. This is a lot of information to keep in order so if you see something inaccurate, I apologize. Feel free to post in this thread or shoot me a pm and we'll get things worked out!

Approved /// Active

Approved /// Inactive

Pending Approval

- Coming Soon -

Edited by Theory of N

I'M FIRST! AWESEOMNESSITY!

Actually, we're getting pretty done, mostly just the website and about four remixes outstanding. Aside from that, I can't really think of anything else we need.

Maybe you could amend the list to include relative amount of completion, so that we can not only see where all the projects stand, but also where people can apply their various talents. Sort of like, "oh, these guys need an artist, but they already have one... oh, these guy over here are done everything but artwork! I can help them!"

For the Missingno Tracks, I'd say we're at the 90% point. Just a few remixes, and the website to go.

What about Dirge for the Fallen? As far as I can tell, Larry's still recruiting mixers for it. And possibly Milky Way Wishes, too. And Essence of Lime.

And I agree that this thread would be even more useful if you kept up to date on things aside from mixers that projects needed (web designers, mirrors, artists, etc.) I'm sure that would take a bit of extra work, but it would definitely be helpful to those of us who can't contribute music.

EDIT Oh, and since you listed Around the World, a project with all tracks claimed, you might also want to put down the Mega Man 9 project and Portrait of a Plumber, since both of those still have some unclaimed tracks listed. Oh, and Lufia :-P I don't know how you forgot that one :-P

you know if you eliminate like 7 of those projects, you can use the people who are suppose to work on those projects for the others and maybe stuff can get done within 4 years.

Not necessarily - some people are not necessarily interested in a particular game's soundtrack, but may love another's, and there's no easy way to screen on a wide-scale who those people are. I'm just trying to get all the info together in a visible thread to perhaps help with the recruitment of mixers - after that, it's up to the project directors to ensure things follow through.

Not necessarily - some people are not necessarily interested in a particular game's soundtrack, but may love another's, and there's no easy way to screen on a wide-scale who those people are. I'm just trying to get all the info together in a visible thread to perhaps help with the recruitment of mixers - after that, it's up to the project directors to ensure things follow through.

if there isn't enough interest for a particular project then why not shut the project down, release what has been made and move on?

(although I suppose that question should be directed to all the directors... and it is)

if there isn't enough interest for a particular project then why not shut the project down, release what has been made and move on?

(although I suppose that question should be directed to all the directors... and it is)

A lot of times, people just don't know of the projects. I made this thread with the goal of hopefully helping at least some director, if not more, if they've been a bit negligent in recruiting. Also, this thread provides a one stop place for people to easily find projects if they're interested in joining one - I say that's a win/win.

But again, it's ultimately up to the project directors to follow through on their projects.

FFMQ never heard of that, NICE! ;)

IMO Skrynyk does have a point. While people shouldn't give up there is never a use for beating a dead horse. Hell someone could release a project called "Unfinished Business" with collections of 4-5 games. Of course that would break all kinds general conceptions about projects.

At this point I don't think there are any mixers left for anything. The last time things were like this was around 3 years ago and while some of those projects are gonna be released alot of others are still going... Kind of a shame really; but hopefully this thread inspires some people to finish their shite or maybe pick up another song.

I vote for sticky

Like a few people, I didn't even know some of these projects existed. For the "maybe some should be shut down" comment, it won't necessarly solve the problem of having a whole bunch of projects with a few tracks remaining. It's already well-known that the same artist often ends up working on more than 1 project/track at a time.

And then some projects either lack on the directing (ex.: not following progress at all) or it can't/won't appeal to a very wide list of artists (like the dead FFT project if I remember well, was piano tracks only).

I like what you're doing with this, but there are just a few things I want to point out that may potentially throw a wrench in some gears over time.

1) If you do this, you need to make sure people realize this is to show a project's existence, what they have, what they're looking for, and what their status is in terms of progress. Whether or not you make this into a thread that portrays the order of project releases is up to you and will probably require a lot more interaction with directors and the people in charge of releases, but whether you do or not, make it explicitly clear. If this becomes the "unofficial reference for what project is out next", it may put undue stress on a project or give eagerly-awaiting fans of any of these improper expectations. Just saying how I would see it. :nicework:

2) This does not take into account any "secret" projects that are yet to be announced. I don't know exactly how that affects things, but it probably does.

3) Is it worth having another judges-decisions-esqe list of statuses that someone will have to upkeep and, if it is not updated when projects are, could have people complaining? I'm not being a jerk, I'm just saying it might not be something you'd want to have responsibility over. If a project thread isn't kept up-to-date, that falls on the thread-owner/project staff. If the staff keeps it up-to-date and this doesn't reflect it, then it could end up being just another blame-game.

I honestly do think we need something like this, but those would be my immediate concerns. Take them with a grain of salt.

Awesome list Bahamut.

Also to anyone starting any MORE projects... Can you guys like... You know... look at this list haha...

I mean holy shit I didn't even realize it was THAT many!

Anyway yeah about the DQ Project... I honestly think the whole thing needs a revamp/redo (except the Reuben Kee stuff for obvious reasons)

If ANYONE is at all interested please contact me, I only volunteered for this because Rexy is pretty much non-existent on the site nowadays, and while I am not really the director, at least I am around to check pms and talk to people (critique, whatever)... So... although it is still her project, I love Dragon Quest, so please contact me.

If anyone does show interest I will definitely get the ball rolling big time.

you know if you eliminate like 7 of those projects, you can use the people who are suppose to work on those projects for the others and maybe stuff can get done within 4 years.

I rather like the incredulous time frame - it allows me to be able to actually finish work on the ones I claimed to do. :P

I way overshot my workload here - I think I'm on like 4 of the projects, but fan-based projects are always like this. IMO The timeframe works so much better as "we'll get there when we get there" as not everyone can be able to invest the time and energy at our age when life is beginning and the responsibilities are piling up.

I think patience is the key here. Even if the clouds opened up and God himself remixed the remaining tracks to complete the many albums, it'd still probably take us that long to promote and release it properly - here and across our many affiliates and branches. So just be patient. That is the nature and structure of what we're trying to do here.

I'll close whatever the hell I'm trying to say here by publically congratulating Rozovian and usabellchan for their patience on the SD3 project. How long has that been in the process? And its still going? What? You want me to help cover some of the unclaimed tracks?

@^#*&@^#*&@^#*!!!!!

:P

Stevo, I don't get why you're so worried about this thread. Ofc it'll be useful to see what projects are around. As some mentionned, not everyone knew the existence of some projects. It's not a list of projects that will be released. Think of it as a touring guide of projects.

Secret projects stay secret, they're more often than none invites-only and tightly organized by the director. There's no need for those to show up here.

As for #3: judges wut?

Stevo, I don't get why you're so worried about this thread. Ofc it'll be useful to see what projects are around. As some mentionned, not everyone knew the existence of some projects. It's not a list of projects that will be released. Think of it as a touring guide of projects.

Secret projects stay secret, they're more often than none invites-only and tightly organized by the director. There's no need for those to show up here.

As for #3: judges wut?

:-P Vilecat, you must understand something about the way I think: I'm naturally just very paranoid and plan things a lot, but I do my best to keep a lid on those habits. I'm not worried about it, I was just bringing up the first things that came to mind. As with stopping pregnancy or not getting STDs, the easiest method is prevention. Wes indeed knows what he's doing, but hey, I'd rather bring something up and have it not be a problem than keep quiet.

*TACKLES VILECAT*

Edit: WES PLEASE MAKE EXPLANATION FOR COLOR SCHEME IN OP COLORS ARE PRETTY :D

I way overshot my workload here - I think I'm on like 4 of the projects...

who's fault is that?

IMO The timeframe works so much better as "we'll get there when we get there" as not everyone can be able to invest the time and energy at our age when life is beginning and the responsibilities are piling up.

if you can't invest the time and energy then maybe I dunno you shouldn't join the project? Shit happens, you can't do it, you bail and hope someone else can accomplish it in a reasonable time frame.

I think patience is the key here.

I think patience tends to wear itself out after 3 years.

Hell I think after 6 months patience is wearing thin. yea jdgfgts i'm talking about you!

So just be patient. That is the nature and structure of what we're trying to do here.

I think this nature and structure is just a crutch to make one project after another.

FFMQ never heard of that, NICE! ;)

IMO Skrynyk does have a point. While people shouldn't give up there is never a use for beating a dead horse. Hell someone could release a project called "Unfinished Business" with collections of 4-5 games. Of course that would break all kinds general conceptions about projects.

At this point I don't think there are any mixers left for anything. The last time things were like this was around 3 years ago and while some of those projects are gonna be released alot of others are still going... Kind of a shame really; but hopefully this thread inspires some people to finish their shite or maybe pick up another song.

You'd be surprised at there being mixers available - you just have to think outside the normal set. For example, Jade got her Wild ARMs project off to a great start out of almost nowhere - she knew where to look and got it done.

I like what you're doing with this, but there are just a few things I want to point out that may potentially throw a wrench in some gears over time.

1) If you do this, you need to make sure people realize this is to show a project's existence, what they have, what they're looking for, and what their status is in terms of progress. Whether or not you make this into a thread that portrays the order of project releases is up to you and will probably require a lot more interaction with directors and the people in charge of releases, but whether you do or not, make it explicitly clear. If this becomes the "unofficial reference for what project is out next", it may put undue stress on a project or give eagerly-awaiting fans of any of these improper expectations. Just saying how I would see it. :nicework:

2) This does not take into account any "secret" projects that are yet to be announced. I don't know exactly how that affects things, but it probably does.

3) Is it worth having another judges-decisions-esqe list of statuses that someone will have to upkeep and, if it is not updated when projects are, could have people complaining? I'm not being a jerk, I'm just saying it might not be something you'd want to have responsibility over. If a project thread isn't kept up-to-date, that falls on the thread-owner/project staff. If the staff keeps it up-to-date and this doesn't reflect it, then it could end up being just another blame-game.

I honestly do think we need something like this, but those would be my immediate concerns. Take them with a grain of salt.

I felt like something should be done to help everyone in making this thread - I did promise to someone (I think it was Rozo) that I'd try to help people with existing projects fill out their tracks, and this is one way I'm doing so as well as occasionally asking mixers for them.

1) This is not meant to be a thread on project status for listeners - this is meant for a list on stuff a project may need, and I feel like I'm clear on that.

2) Secret projects usually are secret for a reason :-P . I don't want to spoil their thunder when they're released, so it's not my place to spoil it.

3) I generally keep tabs on projects anyway, so it's not that much more work for me to do this. I'm only doing this because I want to though. I don't view this as official by any means, unless we (the staff) decide to do that, but that would be a discussion we make internally.

I think this is a great idea...I'm having enough trouble remixing stuff without the big setup most of you remixers have...but I still have 1 track on a project I am determined to remix, once I can actually sit still and work on a track for a couple of hours with no worries...(thank god for my graveyard shift) but as for other things, given enough leeway and a good amount of time to get something done(i.e. no two week away deadlines) I can do webpages, art and related stuff for projects...

Keep up the good work Bahamut, I think this is a fantastic idea...if I were you, I'd also peruse the community forum itself because there are some starting projects listed there as well...

As of now, I don't think you missed any of the Projects in the Projects forum.

Keep up the good work!