Xenogears project listening party - Friday, October 23rd, 2009 7:00 PM EST #ocrwip

Level 99

Edit: This has been updated to reflect the fact that Xenogears was released yesterday (Sunday, October 18th).

When FF4 was released, there was a listening party both in IRC and at my hizzle to celebrate. With Xenogears coming out soon, I think doing the same thing would be fun.

So I hereby propose a Xenogears listening party, coordinated in IRC at #ocrwip, on this Friday, October 23rd, 2009, starting at around 7 PM. It was originally planned to be on the Saturday following its release, and if enough people want it back on Saturday, that would be okay. I just wouldn't be able to host it or have anyone over if it was this Saturday, so Friday is prefered for me. Also, the time was selected out of consideration to those people not in the Western Hemisphere, so that they too can join in and not have it be 3 AM that we start listening to music. If it is too early, we can change it. Hopefully this won't conflict with any other listening parties, too!

I would offer to have people over if people in the area want to come over. Let me know if anyone's interested. I've seen OCR people the last two weekends, and I would like to keep this streak up, lol.

P-A-R-T-Y at #ocrwip

Since not as many people are in the area this time for an album release, I'll still have a few people over on-short-notice whatever Saturday it may be. That is, unless it's next Saturday, October 17th, in which case I will be in North Carolina. If it happens to play out that way, I'll just have to beg Taucer for some of his bandwidth and do the listening party from there or something. But if it's any other Saturday, I'll be open to having some people over. MMM Barbecue.

I would be happy to have the NC meetup be a xeno listening party.

I was curious if it was a project, or just listening to the OST, or what. So cooooool :)

Not sure if I can go to the party though :( got a submission deadline next week.

Well, considering we don't know when it will be released (though Mr. LarryTamer himself said "not this week", so we know that much), don't sweat it. Until then we wait patiently.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about this very thing today, as I'd not yet even seen this thread, so here's my two cents. What about a live broadcast of the entire album by Radio ThaSauce. This friday happens to be the day of the next show, and well, I think it makes a lot of sense. Instead of me yammering on for two hours, I could start the show at 7pm EST/EDT, and play through the album continuously.

As far as a stable connection, I have cable internet, and as such, it's not an issue. If anyone's up for this, and if Level99 would like to take advantage of this, then by all means, please let me know before Friday so I can set up for it. I'm currently downloading the entire torrent, FLAC and MP3 format files, so I'll be using the FLAC format come friday. Otherwise it's a normal show at 10, but since it's GameX this weekend, I think something special is in order anyway.

So yeah, that's my nickel.

Hmm....I'm actually giving that heavy consideration. On the one hand, it saves the trouble of creating and admining a separate channel on IRC, would resolve issues with queueing up the tracks as well as give people a chance to listen if they haven't been able to download the project themselves yet. On the other hand...hmm, Dyne, let's start a PM going and figure this out. I'll send you one when I get home today.