Xenogears project listening party - Friday, October 23rd, 2009 7:00 PM EST #ocrwip

Level 99

After lots and lots of thinking, I'm going to have to decline Dyne's wonderful offer to do it over Radio:thasauce Live. I don't want the party to cut into your radio broadcast too much, though, so as of right now the listening party will be at 7 PM in an IRC channel which will be created on Friday and then posted here/spammed on #ocremix. The runtime for both discs is a bit over 2 hours, and there will be a 10-15 minute break in-between the discs, so hopefully people will head over to Radio:thasauce Live right after, probably around 9:30ish. The biggest reasons for this choice are a) the ustream chat is very small in lines compared to IRC windows, B) despite that it would prevent people who don't already have the tracks from listening, it would also prevent any hiccups from possible streaming issues, c) the quality of tracks wont be dependent on connection speed and d) you'll still get to do your own show (I don't want to step on any toes :smile:) You are still the man, Dyne!

DA: oh man, what's more important: those kids watching a movie, or the listening party?!

For all that can't make it, I'll probably post up the logs of the channel after the party's over.

Yup, this Friday, 7 PM EST. It's set. Sorry, OA, but it's your choice to break plans off and I will only allow you to break them of if they're with less cool people than us. :nicework:

With that said, I'll see everyone on Friday in IRC since no one's responded to the house-listen offer. Easier on my anyway, I don't have to clean up or anything.

...and I'm assuming the channel will be/is set up properly to accommodate the large amount of people who will join. I'll be there! :wink:

Oh geez, this is the problem that happened last time. Well, I did make the channel already, does anyone know how to increase the size...or who to contact if the size needs to be increased?!

If all else fails, we can spill over into #ocremix just like FF4 did. I hope we don't have to, but this party is happening either way.

And yes, Avaris, I realize how lame that was. You be quiet! :-o

Sorry that DA, Nutritious, and all the rest unable to come won't be there. I'm 99% sure I'll save the chatlogs, just have to remind myself to copy it after the party!

[2009-10-23 20:21:54] <Fishy> this is some dirty music right here

[2009-10-23 20:21:55] <bLiNd> with women

[2009-10-23 20:21:55] <avaris> love slaps stevo

[2009-10-23 20:22:04] <JaDEARaNHaRuNo> sexy sexy sax

[2009-10-23 20:22:04] * Level99 snuggles

[2009-10-23 20:22:05] <Bahamut> and yes means no

[2009-10-23 20:22:06] <bLiNd> unless the word homo is at the end

i can't believe i missed it to be with my in-laws =( you can't write this shit.

thanks for the comments, though, folks. hilarious stuff.