John Torkington's (Zoola) first commercial release is now available!

zylance

Greeting, OverClocked Remix community. :nicework:

I am proud to present you my very first commercially released album, No Headphones Required.

cdsmall.jpg

Written and produced all 2009, John Torkington's first commercially released album is finally making the rounds. What has been described as a powerhouse of sound with a decidedly clean feel, this dance trance electronic blend is sure to please all fans of electronic music.

The first half of the album is John's venture into electric-rock, house, and electronica with a hip hop feel. Be prepared to be immersed in glichy beats, thick pads and melodic basslines.

New to John's mixes is Katie Hardy, a silky singer with a powerful performance in two of the 10 tracks on "No Headphones Required". These tracks are a side of John never heard before- lush vocals topping an immense sound bed, reaching into the pop genre with "I Didn't Mean to" and cooling down with "The Silence".

Just when things start to mellow out, John brings out a sonic assault with "Mindful Prospects", a clear throwback to the trance of yesterday. After the nostalgia John ends the album with the epic trance / R&B title track "No Headphones Required", a seven minute trip through the fundamentals of electronic music.

As a bonus, two tracks written and released in 2007 are available on "No Headphones Required". "Mechanics ('07)" is the basis behind the track of the same name in the official track list, and "Anatrance" combines a traditional trance sound-scape with a big-beat feel.

Before I even begin to explain to you how thrilled I am to release this I just want to let this community know that without the support, direction and influence OCRemix has given me over my five year stay here this work would not exist. Tying music to videogames is exactly what my 14 year old brain needed to get me back into preforming and certainly to start writing. I have met so many fabulous musicians at such a young age that music has become ingrained in my persona.

Sappy stuff aside, I am stoked about this release. It is my best work by far, the product of a year of the labor of love. I am clearly influenced by many of the talented artist of OCR, namely our favorite son Zircon (who's work clearly convinced me to write in the first place) and his breaks, Fishy and his guitar-electronic style, bLiNd and his clean trance sound, and many more.

There are many links to samples and write-ups about this album - pick your poison.

CDBaby Page

Facebook

Myspace

Last.fm

YouTube (Check this out for a free full track!)

Studio Homepage

PS: To those of you whose projects I'm on, sorry for the delays! This is what I've been up to!

I'm taking this as a huge complement- I love Tranquility Base.

Well I was just pointing out the similarities in the leads in both.

I was expecting more solid trance but you did a pretty nice job with your first album. Putting together an album is nothing to scoff at. I look forward to your future productions.