Borderlands, 2K Games new RPG/FPS. 4 pack deal 37.50 per person now.

EdgeCrusher

Aight, so I've finally had some time to actually play this the past couple days, and I am quite satisfied so far!

I'm leveling up kind of slow, because I'm kind of OCD about games like this, and I have to do every single stupid quest and go explore every single corner of the map before I move on... But anyway.

So someone tell me if I'm completely wrong here, but I kind of feel like (in no particular order) Halo, Half-Life, COD, Cell Damage, Bioshock, and (insert generic RPG game here) had an orgy, and this is the love-child. I mean, not that it bothers me, because those are all good games, but I'm just saying, it's weird, because there are times I swear I'm playing a different game :)

Sooo, when do I get to actually play co-op with some of you guys?

no, you can only play with other folks that have the PC version, and then only by using GameSpyID and doing all the same hoopjumping it took to get to play ut3 co-op :S

my gamespyid is garianse by the way, and i can reliably host games.

Ah ha... thanks. I played with my friend on his 360 and the game was absolutely a blast! I'd have to get a new graphics card to play it so it would cost me more than just the game to play it but it may happen soon enough.

it's not intuitive AT ALL. from the friends menu, you have to hit A to [A]dd a friend (and if you have any friends online, you can nvite them. Most people have pretty much agreed, using gamespyID is the single most damning mistake for the PC version of the game... But I suppose that since they decided to go with as many digital retailers as possible, that they didn't want to incorporate the steam friends network %^(

This game is awesome, but I feel like the balance is way off. Brick is easily the best class, followed by Lilith. Mordecai is pretty good, but Rowland is awful. Rowland could be a lot better if they upped the bonuses given by his turret, such as replenishing health and ammo, but currently, he is the worst.

Great game, though. Highly recommended for people still waiting for Diablo 3.

From what I've seen on friend's game, you technically can't die with the Siren class.

When in a pinch, just phasewalk the heck out of here and wait till health recovers and shield replenishes itself.

I've also seen that the whole random/special weaponry makes this game pretty addictive ...thankfully I'm not playing it. ;D

Had a glimpse of the Safehouse filled with Badmuthas Maniac in the second playthrough. And here I thought those bandits near Fyrestone were tough. :mrgreen:

I'm currently playing as a Soldier, and I like him. /shrug

Originally started my game with the Hunter, but the game glitched out on me when I got to Zed's house, and the little robot dude wouldn't knock on the door, so I restarted with the Soldier.

Haven't tried the other two classes yet.

So anyway, I'm currently like level 17 or so. What's everybody's GameSpy ID's so I can go ahead and add you guys already?

So far I've got

Garianse

Doulifee

God damnit. Dying is REALLY expensive in this game, so I tried not saving the last time I died... and the game corrupted my f**cking save file. There goes my lvl 26 Siren. She had REALLY awesome weapons, too. Damnit.

try to keep one or more seriously damaged ennemy around, so you can quikly kill them and revive.