Borderlands, 2K Games new RPG/FPS. 4 pack deal 37.50 per person now.

EdgeCrusher

try to keep one or more seriously damaged ennemy around, so you can quikly kill them and revive.

Ok, that would be all well and good, and I'd totally use that great advice...

...if I had a character left. Let me re-iterate: the game TRASHED my save file. There is nothing left. At all. A 20k$ death seems like peanuts compared to losing a character with money and guns worth over 500k$ and an infinite ammo shotgun.

So... yeah. Protip: don't turn off the game unless you're saving; the autosave in this game WILL screw you over.

...if I had a character left. Let me re-iterate: the game TRASHED my save file. There is nothing left. At all. A 20k$ death seems like peanuts compared to losing a character with money and guns worth over 500k$ and an infinite ammo shotgun.

So... yeah. Protip: don't turn off the game unless you're saving; the autosave in this game WILL screw you over.

ouch... that sucks man :(

Another pro-tip is to spend your money instead of saving it. Dying just takes a portion of whatever's in your wallet, so buy those big silly shields and guns to bring your total close to 0.

I'm running around with a level 42 soldier right now, and I'm doing pretty well. You're right in saying the turret becomes pretty useless, it doesn't hit nearly as hard as it does early on. I just picked up an awesome sniper rifle, it averages 1200 damage a hit, but it also is just about guaranteed to light whoever it hits on fire as well. It has a 4x fire mod and "Pele demands a sacrifice" on it :D

Beaten both playthroughs, level 50 Mordecai, all quests done, all proficiencies >40 (Except launchers, they suck anyway).

I think I've gotten all I can get out of this game until DLC comes around.

This game has some serious flaws, but it's a hell of a lot of fun, too .. an dI'm a sucker for Diablo-style weapon generation.

One of the big problems is that some specs are way better than others. To take Mordecai's case, there are really only 2 specs. Bird (Ranger I believe, whichever has the class mod that gives +4 predator) spec is completely game-breaking, bird hits >4 targets and has 1 second cooldown, heals mordecai when it comes back.. Other spec is what I call "Not Bird" which usually uses a gunslinger class mod ... Not as broken but a lot more fun, and still pretty powerful.

Story is terrible. Nuff said. Claptraps ... well, they get old fast. Bosses are dumb, they reward knowing how the game's physics can be exploited (e.g. making Sledge shoot the corner between him and you by tricking the game into thinking he has line of sight)

PvP is broken. Now that Phase Strike is fixed, Lilith can 1-shot people with a crit phase strike. This game needs WoW-style PvP damage scaling for duels to not be completely unfair. To add another example, my friend's got a sniper rifle that has a fire rate above 5 (It's got the "Sniper Killer... Qu'est que c'est" red text on it), kills anyone not tank specced in 1 crit or 4 body shots, duel over in <1 sec.

• 4 weeks later...